Ypsilanti Bike night in Depot Town - 2013

Re: Re: Ypsilanti Bike night in Depot Town - 2013

moetrout said:
I'll watch out for the rad Virago!

Sounds good. I'll also bring mine.

Yea, me too, I ended up having to go check out a house I was interested in buying. Ah well, maybe next time.

POSERS!

Probably a good call. Too many pussies thought the weather was going to be bad and didn't want to get their garage queens wet so they stayed home! Turn out was a little low and that Vincent Rich wanted to see was not there. It was a nice night though. Went home the long way and really put it to the little cb350f!

I almost whacked a car on the way there! Stupid women pulled out of a CVS driveway right in front of me and it was on a curve that I was getting ready to hammer through. Hit the rear brakes and they locked and rear end slid sideways. Recovered it ok, but if that had been my big bike the outcome would have been different. Remember it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Rich Ard said:
MJ bowed out so I'll see you fellas tomorrow presuming my dumb Virago makes it that far.

HA! yeah couldn't make the trip, tank is off and getting finished. hopefully in a week or so ill have it back on the road.

moetrout said:
I almost whacked a car on the way there! Stupid women pulled out of a CVS driveway right in front of me and it was on a curve that I was getting ready to hammer through. Hit the rear brakes and they locked and rear end slid sideways. Recovered it ok, but if that had been my big bike the outcome would have been different. Remember it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Shit man, glad you're ok. I swear, people drive worse and worse every day.

I was there, but was with my brother getting tattooed at Depot Town Tattoo. I did stop in Cafe Racer to inquire about a custom exhaust and will back next Saturday to get a quote from their fabricator. trying to make it next tuesday as well.

emcarthu said:
I was there, but was with my brother getting tattooed at Depot Town Tattoo. I did stop in Cafe Racer to inquire about a custom exhaust and will back next Saturday to get a quote from their fabricator. trying to make it next tuesday as well.

If you want to do some riding let me know. A couple of weeks ago it was dead so I left after about 30 minutes and ran up the east side of Ann Arbor to the start of Huron River Drive. I rode that up to North Territorial and then turned around and came back to Depot Town. Took about 1.5 hour, but was a nice trip.

Weather is right and I am going down tonight. Kind of cool so it will be full leathers tonight. I will probably take a scoot down Huron River Drive beforehand. Anyone want to meet up for a ride? We could meet in Dexter at the Dairy Queen at about 6:30pm. Anyone game? Posers gotta ride sometime right???

Ha! Give us a couple of weeks and we'll give it another shot.

Well, as I said I went up to the Dexter Dairy Queen, just in case someone wanted to actually take a ride. I took Huron River Drive into Ann Arbor and then hit the highway into Ypsi. When I got to Depot Town the street was lined with bikes, great turn out! Excellent riding last night.

Nice, I still have to get down there myself. How long into the fall / winter does this go for?

I could not really tell you. My guess is around the end of Septtember and then things really slow down.

Not many more bikes nights left this year. I got my 78 kz1000 running yesterday and took it for a hundred mile shake down. That thing rips! If the weather cooperates I'll be in Depot town on the KZ This Tuesday! Once again I'd like to do some riding. Anyone care to meet up and ride beforehand? We could meet in Dexter and take a Huron River Drive run. Anyone???

Attachments

• YOK8194.jpg
    YOK8194.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 689
Not looking good for tonight. Radar is showing those storms moving in right about the time bike night starts up. If it is not raining I am riding, although I will probably not venture too far from home. So probably just up to depot town and back and no ride down HRD.

Should be a good bike night tonight. The weather is good and we know there won't be many more. I am suppose to be meeting up with a photographer that is interested in taking pics of the bikes. He seems a little skittish of the thought of just randomly taking pics of peoples bike. I did try to explain to him that this was not a bunch of big mean bikers and most people would be cool with it. Anyway should be a good one tonight. I am heading down a little early on the red kz1000. If you're down there look me up, I am not too hard to find and many know me there.

Not many more bike nights left. Posers gotta ride sometime don't they? Whadda ya say posers?!

Back
Top Bottom