1984 Honda XL350R Bare Knuckled Brawler

Re: XL350 Back Streets Brawler!

nedmmo said:
it will be a lot doper when that pile of wiring on the floor is actually installed.

haha who cares!
definately looks better with proper fenders

I like'em dirt worthy. Very nice transformation. I'm subscribed. (clap)

nedmmo said:
hey sonreir did you get my latest email? still confused about the harness haha

Yessir. Email sent about an hour ago.

cheers matt

and thanks guys for the compliments. i feel like ive contributed alot less to the usual build thread due to buying the bike with a running engine haha.

nedmmo, does the front fender acually help in rainy situations? im planning on the same but a bit in doubt if it will work when it rains.

hasn't been road tested yet bert...but ill report back as soon as she hits the road. to me it looks like it will provide just enough coverage to keep the spray out of your face ahaha!

ned

nedmmo said:
hasn't been road tested yet bert...but ill report back as soon as she hits the road. to me it looks like it will provide just enough coverage to keep the spray out of your face ahaha!

ned

Thats all i want. Hate when it rains ;)

I dig it. One more vote for that seat being awesome.

well heres something I came up with today. whats everyones consensus on it??

im undecided

y9yqu8u4.jpg

ta8e7avu.jpg

yge9yzu2.jpg

na7uqa8u.jpg

gone rogue or in the shed

Definitely in for this build! love the sporty stance, yet metal and raw features. Looks great, also, one of the best seats I've seen, Im a big fan of brown leather with bare metal.

The little cowl is interesting, I didn't like it at first, but its growing on me. I think maybe the shape needs to be modified, but it does fit with the shape of your fenders. hmm..

Try taping off the cowl for a rounder profile at the top to match the shape of the headlight better and see if you like that. I think the idea is good, just needs fine tuning for execution.

with my limited tooling i dont think im going to run the cowl...for now. like you said coyote, needs some fine tuning that i cant accomplish right now...to the backburner it goes!

well today was a good day that ended badly. finally got my terminal kit after 21 days...thanks USPS! spent all day wiring everything up. you yanks should be friggen grateful for what you get a away with not having to run idiot lights or even signals in some states!

anyway, connected up the battery, checked all the accessories, everything ran great. next logical step is to try and start her. 2 kicks later a fizzle a pop and my CDI case cracks and releases the unmistakeable stench of fried electronics. im assuming my pickup coil wires were swapped.

so now i need a new one haha

so here's a photo of the crispy fried CDI with the back case hacked off.
getting your pickup coil wire switched means your going to have a bad time. I guess when they say CDI produce a heap of voltage its true.

qypy5azu.jpg

gone rogue or in the shed

not sure who is still following along, but the most major update is i got full registration here in Victoria...which for the aussies on here would know, is nor worth the trouble when the Club Rego scheme is so easy.

But i said dammit i want this thing on the road and after 3 fails and a whole new (used) hub and relace...she has a plate.

I have in my workshop waiting for the cup mount, a Motogadget Motoscope Tiny speedo to go on, along with the long overdue removal of the mass of shit associated with the previous trail tech dash and idiot lights.

nedmmo said:
I got full registration here in Victoria...

That is a bloody great feat that few manage to achieve, very nice work Ned.

Here is the motoscope tiny installed! Well worth the hefty outlay... Purely for the voltage readout seeing as I am having some charging issues at the moment. I also must say I'm pretty impressed with the location I found for the little button used to cycle through gauges functions. Small hole drilled into the control and wiring ran through control loom.

Also routed all my wiring through the headlight bucket which cleaned the front end up immensely.
Then I moved the RFID antenna to a discrete location under the tank.
One other change is I bought a leather tool bag and cut it and mounted it to hide my battery. Stroke of luck that it pretty much perfectly matches my seat color.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414715026327.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414715026327.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 336
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414718379477.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414718379477.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 313
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414718455579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414718455579.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 315
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414718536879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414718536879.jpg