Ace Manual

vonmighty

Skyteam Ace 125
Hey guys does anyone have a manual for the ace? If so, would anyone be willing to photocopy or scan it and post it here?

vonmighty said:
Hey guys does anyone have a manual for the ace? If so, would anyone be willing to photocopy or scan it and post it here?

Hi Von

are you talking about the Operaters manual or a more in depth Mr Haynes type manual??

cover.png

Well I contacted a bike shop in alice to ask if they could fix my spark issue and they have told me that they dont have the manual so they cant fix it.

Which manual they require I am unsure of..

There isn't a manual for the 'Ace'. The "Operation Instruction" has a wiring diagram at the back.

The Honda CG125 manual has some use for motor matters, but the site won't let me upload it as an attachment. If you would like a copy send me a PM with your email address.

Attached is a large (A3) copy of the wiring diagram:

Attachments

• Ace wiring.pdf
    550.4 KB · Views: 754
vonmighty said:
Well I contacted a bike shop in alice to ask if they could fix my spark issue and they have told me that they dont have the manual so they cant fix it.

Which manual they require I am unsure of..

They probably just want the wiring diagram

http://www.aceowners.net/images/AceWiring.png

stroker crazy said:
There isn't a manual for the 'Ace'. The "Operation Instruction" has a wiring diagram at the back.

The Honda CG125 manual has some use for motor matters, but the site won't let me upload it as an attachment. If you would like a copy send me a PM with your email address.

Attached is a large (A3) copy of the wiring diagram:

Honda CG125 Manual

http://www.aceowners.net/operaters/Honda%20CG%20125%201976-1991.pdf

Yep emailed them back and told them I had the wiring diagram...
Sigh. Tempted to just sell the ace and get something that can be serviced and fixed by the local bike shop :-(

vonmighty said:
Yep emailed them back and told them I had the wiring diagram...
Sigh. Tempted to just sell the ace and get something that can be serviced and fixed by the local bike shop :-(

Or find a new bike shop. If they can't work on something as simple/basic as the Ace I wouldn't take my bike there !!!

vonmighty said:
Totally agree but im pretty limited in good old alice springs...

Hmmm that could be an issue

Have added you BTW

http://tinyurl.com/aceownerlocater

hi there
was wondering how you got on...so you have no spark at plug??please let us know how far you have got with your bike , may be able to offer more help.. don't write it off yet..bike is worth the effort...i have lots of bikes and this is quickly becoming my favourite ...hang in there...

pete

Hey Vonmighty

Don't get pissed off - it is nowt - we'll suss it. I'd go further than Mike in that if your local bike shop needs a manual to fix this bike take it to the bloody bakers, coz they know more!

If you have no spark it can only be a limited number of things

first off download Mikes wiring diagram- then blow it up as big as you can and get some highlighter pens colour back the wires from the coil appropriately - then look at the wiring on your bike for any loose connectors/broken wires etc - This is what I did when I fitted my new CDI unit and had no spark - it was a loose connector into the new unit, one prod later and it all worked.
Personally I'd disconnect the side stand switch - follow wire up and pull the plug under the seat - sack of shit idea by saftey nazis. ( same for clutch switch)

If you can't find any thing amiss it may be components that are faulty but there are only three suspects - coil and HT lead, CDI unit and trigger on crank for CDI - The only one I am not familiar with is the trigger - but I will be tomorrow when I've had a look!

Just a thought - tracing your thread back - did you leave the bike switched on when the battery went flat? And is you battery fully charged and holding that charge?

These bikes are simple machines - for what they cost it is worth messing and learning from them - knowledge is priceless so be happy that you are getting a cheap education!
Besides, if you spend a few months learning you could open 'Vonmighty's BIke Shop Alice Springs' 'coz you ain't got no fucking competition!!

If it turns out that your CDI is goosed I'll send you my standard one (unused!) and you can buy me a pint when I'm passing through...

This is not meant to sound clever, but I started dicking about with a BSA 350 when I was seventeen - a very similar engine in a lot of respects (but shit) - and, $4% years on, I'd not be afraid to dismantle and rebuild any bike, hopefully to a high standard - You'll get there mate - just keep at it and keep asking questions

Dave

and if the coils been off check the earth wire that goes under one of the bolts has been put back on

[me=mikeyw64]walks away whistling sheepishly[/me]

You guys are awesome! As soon as the bike gets to alice springs I will tackle this and report back/ask for more help!

Hi Folks

I just found this website whilst looking for ways to tune CG125 engines - It is obviously for Honda machines but does seem to contain a mass of useful info that you may find helpful.

http://hondacg125.awardspace.com/servicing.htm

I also have a book called Motorcycle Workshop (Collins) that I must have had for 30 years - it's just about spot on for an ACE - It is full of useful stuff and would defo be worth buying if you are new to bikes - probably have to be SH though as I bet it's out of print

Hope this is some use

Dave

Hey guys, has anyone uploaded a pdf of the ace operators manual?

Bike gets here this weekend, and have found a shop that is willing to take a look at it...

G'day vonmighty!

The digital copy of the 'Operation Instruction' is too large to upload to the forum (4.34MB).
If you PM an email address I can send it that way.

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom