1975 CL360

Comestolife

tumblr_m12xos3BdJ1r9n0pe.jpg

Picked up this 75 CL360. Nothing was good. Engine was seized, spokes were rusted almost apart, seat was rotting away. Bad shape. Tank was trashed.

I dont have a ton of pics, but I had new seats cut into the head, they crumbled apart when I lapped them. New valves, new pistons, rings, had the cylinder glaze broken and rehoned. The bottom end was fine, which was good. Reconditioned and painted the cases and tins, starter delete. Had my friend at Zitos Vintage Cycle in Gloucester City NJ help me make the seat pan and frame tail loop. Re spoked the wheels, new brakes front and rear since the panels had seized to the hubs. The spacer in the rear hub was frozen to the axle and didnt survive removal, so we machined a new one. The bars came off a Triumph Scrambler. New controls, wires and grips, detabbed and cleaned up the frame. Mikuni VM30s came in the mail, I will build them soon for this bike since the stock units were wrecked, too.

The tank was restored, but I may not use it. I am thinking about looking for a cb450 tank for it or the 350f.

This is where it is at now, the picture isnt that great. I was working at a Royal Enfield dealer in NJ but since moving to VT my work space has taken a hit. I also bought a triumph america this past weekend so I wont be without wheels this year up here. I dont see myself doing anything with that since the bike is perfect as-is, IMO. Ill try and get some better current pictures, I am gonna hopefully have a running, raw bike within a month so I can work the bugs out, take it apart and send it to paint.

tumblr_mzuxa7BeKp1rrm405o1_1280.jpg

Sorry, no real updates yet. Moved to VT over the winter and have had the bike in storage. Last this before I left was getting Joe at Zito's Vintage Cycle in Gloucester city to make a custom seat pan for it, which covers up the ugly fuel tank mount. The finished seat should look great.

Tomorrow I plan on hauling it from storage to work, to make a battery tray, and mount the fender and pipes.

If anyone has a lead on a decent priced pair of Ruckus head lamps, that would be great. Preferably with the cage.

Back
Top Bottom