New Carb

vonmighty

Skyteam Ace 125
Which of the carb setups from ooracing would provide the best performance, the stack or force filter option?

http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4612

The velocity stacks have a tendency to suck in rocks and small children (exaggeration), and create a surprising amount of extra noise.

However, if you avoid dirt roads and kindergartens, they should be fine.

About the filters all I can say is they help keep some of the dirt out.

Crazy

Hey Crazy

Another rookie question, just managed to change my stock carb to Mikuni VM22, it was a tight fit, took me ages to swap as lack of experiences.

After it was changed, the engine start up fine but sounded like in very high RPM, which scared the hell out of me.... Don't know what I have done wrong though.

Does the choke lever meant to be down or up ?

Much appreciated!

從我的 用 iPad 發送

josephau said:
Does the choke lever meant to be down or up ?

從我的 用 iPad 發送
Hey
Im using a Mikuni vm22
pretty sure down is off! on the choke ? or is it ? will check today!!
high revs could be throttle cable needs adjusting ?
ease off adjustment screw and lock nut on throttle cable
on bars.
or failing that air screw adjustment turn for a better idle
think I posted some other info regarding mikuni carb
under the same heading here
I havnt had to play with anything other than the
adjust jet needle . My mikuni came set up lean
* VM Round Slide Tuning Manual.pdf
cheers ACEitup

By no means am I an expert, and there are many on here that know a lot more than I. But in my experience running up against the above symptoms, it's never been the carb. Is has always been a poorly routed throttle cable, or the intake manifold wasn't installed (sealed) properly. These are easy to check, before you start making adjustments that may only mask the issue.

Hi, just reading about your over revving carb.
One of the first things to check is that you haven't got the slide in the wrong way around. Make sure the cutaway is facing the air intake as if not the tick over screw will be holding the slide in the flat out position and there will be loads of play in the throttle cable.
Hope this helps, Tad

Tad said:
Make sure the cutaway is facing the air intake as if not the tick over screw will be holding the slide in the flat out position and there will be loads of play in the throttle cable.
Hope this helps, Tad

... wished I had this very important tip/instruction before I reassembled my carby last night!! ... I think I got there in the end by trial and error in refitting the slide, but this is key to it all ... definitely.

Cheers Tad.

Haz

回覆: New Carb

thanks eveyone, it is very helpful tips.

i have not changed, adjusted the throttle cable at all, it is still the stock, will it matters if the length is not perfectly right bcos the new VM22 seemed a bit deeper/taller than the stock one?

Will check the slide facing the right way too, but im sure it is as i have assembled it a several times before it went in just to be sure i knew how to.

But what i have noticed after the new carb setup is the carb position is being slightly taller where the top of the carb (the connection of the black rubber together with throttle cable) is touching the frame of the bike, and i have to force the air box connection to go around the air intake of the carb. Not sure if anyone using VM22 have the same issue ?

cheers

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

回覆: Re: New Carb

ACEitup said:
Hey
Im using a Mikuni vm22
pretty sure down is off! on the choke ? or is it ? will check today!!
high revs could be throttle cable needs adjusting ?
ease off adjustment screw and lock nut on throttle cable
on bars.
or failing that air screw adjustment turn for a better idle
think I posted some other info regarding mikuni carb
under the same heading here
I havnt had to play with anything other than the
adjust jet needle . My mikuni came set up lean
* VM Round Slide Tuning Manual.pdf
cheers ACEitup

i'm sure that the choke/starter system that Mikuni calls is off when UP after reading long and winded manual and also online sources, it should be left off when start....if i understand correctly. Do u have the same Mukini VM22-133 as I have?

And guess what? My over reving problem is sloved after re-assembled, i did not push the throttle cable far enough on the top amd tighten it correctly, so it caused the slide 1/3 open throttle position....stupid me....

another great lesson to learn from.

uve5etan.jpg

and it sounded perfectly normal now, once the throttle is released, it recoil nicely and hits the bottom of the carb and making nice crisp sound, which it was not before.

hey ACEitup

do u also have this problem when u install ur Mikuni VM22 with the front manifolds?

it does not align properly and the top rubber is in the way the frame.

va6yqyje.jpg

y9ymyjet.jpg

i mean the top rubber where the throttle goes in gets in the way with the frame, and the front manifold that does not align properly.

Re: 回覆: Re: New Carb

josephau said:
My over reving problem is sloved after re-assembled ...

... and it sounded perfectly normal now, once the throttle is released, it recoil nicely and hits the bottom of the carb and making nice crisp sound, which it was not before.

... that's really great to hear. I'm sure you're relieved, Joseph ! (I know the feeling too well when it happened to me also!).

Haz

Does anyone know how to tell the difference (symptoms) between a carby that's running rich, or running lean? I haven't inspected my spark plug yet.

With my new pipes, and re-jetted carby (stock air box), I notice a slight discolouration on the header and was wondering if it was running lean and doing any damage, or if I could do anything to adjust it?

Haz

Hazza00 said:
I notice a slight discolouration on the header

A stainless steel header is bound to develop a straw-colour (at least) at that first bend. It gets damn hot there, an some discolouration is inevitable.

Crazy

Nothing to worry about then re: the mix, Crazy ? ... I was thinking about getting someone with a Dyno and tester to check the AFR and recommend any changes.

Haz

Yep - mine has gone a straw colour along its whole length - but not blued or anything more near the head , mixture seems about right , will try another plug chop when I get a NGK plug in there .

Back
Top Bottom