"susie's" build thread

ACE125toy said:
Looking good mate, I must say there are some cool looking toys in that shed loving the red magura hydraulic brakes!
It's my overcrowded man cave, mk2 chopper-mk1 Raleigh tuff burner-race spec kona hei hei-wife's trial bike (Magura rim brakes)-Santa cruz blur....poor susie is squeezed in tightly but she rules the nest :)

A few more jobs carried out this weekend.
30db1c5da160421d8a8732730c47aa9c.jpg
had my first go at using exhaust wrap-a little more fiddly than i first thought getting it looking tidy (which I didn't)..it will suffice for now.
c1633d04b2c0553cbc79cbbe8e119a4a.jpg
fitted an engine breather filter, it didn't need it but adds a bit of bling..plus I'm sure it will add a few mph top end to people looking at the bike ;D
eb912390597a0f89b049e0308beab147.jpg
fitted rev counter today, rev counter installed easily but the standard clocks are awkward to remove/refit.
62c9c9b2d1f7c87edbe94d0d22f7e04d.jpg
relocated ignition barrel near engine using egr frame mounts to attach it too. Conveniently gets protected by kickstart as well..more by luck than judgement!

I moved my ig switch but to other side using engine mounting bolt. You have made good use of brackets left after removing unit. I used mine for visual MPH increase filter like yourself (See my earlier posted photos, makes the Ace look faster stood still). LOL

What a gorgeous weekend to take susie out, sunshine at last. Before that though more playing in the workshop!
a3c7bde6f8414efe2cdbda22ce1ea9d2.jpg

Replaced the standard indicators with some cheap Chinese clear/chrome units-they actually aren't that bad..surprisingly
05678d85ccb5d58e1771d9a3fcf3e81c.jpg

Fitted a 7" headlight, made some brackets that attached to the standard headlight/clock frame rather than using fork mounts-plus got to use my new polishing kit :)
11caa9db3006a7791b0a7461537e64f7.jpg

8b927382906cee5c413fb82405d6c92c.jpg

Removed the branding from the engine covers, always fun keeping people guessing!
724e0e76cae0b52dca48bc5abfbb4b18.jpg

Fitted my oval number plates, a good friend worked his magic with silver leaf and pin striped them
Next on the hit list visually is going to be a nice shiny chain guard...then onto the engine for a little more oomph.

Hi Marcus, those homemade H/L brackets look mint. very well done (chance of some sales there I think). Ace's look better with branding removed or covered up. I do agree with you it's nice to get some sun out in the UK so we can use our Ace's.

Marcusgarwood said:
A few more jobs carried out this weekend.
30db1c5da160421d8a8732730c47aa9c.jpg
had my first go at using exhaust wrap-a little more fiddly than i first thought getting it looking tidy (which I didn't)..it will suffice for now.

Did you wet the wrap first?

Tad said:
Hi Marcus, those homemade H/L brackets look mint. very well done (chance of some sales there I think). Ace's look better with branding removed or covered up. I do agree with you it's nice to get some sun out in the UK so we can use our Ace's.
Thanks Tad I appreciate your comment, my mind keeps wandering off thinking about what I can fabricate next-any excuse to get the polisher in action again! Let's see how many shiney bits I can adorn Susie with :)

ChrisBNE said:
Did you wet the wrap first?
Yes Chris, I gave it a quick soak in water beforehand. Seems to be a lot if various theories on whether to soak or not and for how long. I went for the middle ground and fully soaked it for 5mins before wrapping. Horrible, itchy messy stuff to apply and smokes for the first few miles after fitting.

Marcusgarwood said:
Yes Chris, I gave it a quick soak in water beforehand. Seems to be a lot if various theories on whether to soak or not and for how long. I went for the middle ground and fully soaked it for 5mins before wrapping. Horrible, itchy messy stuff to apply and smokes for the first few miles after fitting.

Yes it does, and a lovely smell too :) I moistened mine for less than a minute, just so that its workable and fixed one end in a vice and then rolled the wrap onto header towards the vice.

orrible-64 said:
does it need any more detail?
I think you've got the detail spot on, in fact I'm feeling a little envious of it. I initially wanted to do a tank strap from a strip of copper with holes drilled in it but was worried about it damaging paint on tank.

That strap looks good in that color plus like the detailing. Don't know if you saw mine? but here it is, the belt doesn't open I just left the buckle on for my detail.

Attachments

• IMG_20140222_164750.jpg
    IMG_20140222_164750.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
looks great....that rubber strap just needs to go..mine had started to crack..love to see others go the same way..

i left the rubber under my strap to hold the metal eyelets off the tank, the metal scratched the paint up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom