Clutch Thread.

ACE125toy

Been Around the Block
Thought i would start a new thread to cover all things clutch.

my clutch has no real feel to it, not sure if this will improve with a few more K's on the clock or not?

did a little research and the ACE clutch looks very similar to the CG 125(well the same)
http://www.skyteamparts.com/store/e-5-clutch/ diagram for ACE
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cg125-1995-england_model2608/partslist/E__0600.html Honda Diagram

Honda Part number for Spring 95014-75110
EBC CSK041 Clutch Spring Kit

Honda Part number for Friction Plate 22201-166-000
CK1119 EBC Clutch Kit Friction Plates

just thought this would be a start.

I will probably order some stiffer springs as i would like the clutch to engage a little smoother.

It is a good bet that the Honda clutch is identical!

I haven't had any trouble with mine, but I would probably go for the Honda unit if the need arose.

Crazy

perhaps its just me after using the weird VFR clutch, i think i will have a play with the adjustment.

Can't say I've had no trouble with my clutch?
If I compared it with a cb 125 that u do ur
Learners on , it's rubbish .
Part if the reason I hired a bike for doing my P's
Cheers
ACEitup

Mine feels somewhat ... err ... 'limp' ? Lacks feel ...

It engages OK, and gets going, but I find the spring action is 'weak' compared to my other bike, and there's a noticeable 'lag' when you release the clutch lever and feel it fully engaged.

Also, finding Neutral is a real P.I.T.A for me !

Any suggestions on how to adjust or improve the clutch 'feel' will be great.

Haz

Finding neutral is especially difficult when it's due for an oil change, or if the motor gets really hot (in traffic etc.).

I don't know if that's more a gearbox issue or the clutch itself, but it's very irritating!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Finding neutral is especially difficult when it's due for an oil change, or if the motor gets really hot (in traffic etc.).

... it's very irritating!

Crazy

... might be time for an oil change then ! - thought it was only me who was not finding Neutral easily ! <relief>

Haz

Yeah I have lamented changing into neutral when the engine is hot.

Also when hot, if I've been in neutral and changing from 1st to 2nd, I do find it will drop into neutral instead of second.

ACEitup said:
Yep me too
Cheers ACEitup

All part of the charm.

Thought I would cross post my quesitons from last week too, as its clutch related:

sprocket2cog said:
ChrisBNE said:
Question.

This behaviour may be completely normal, but wanted to check. When the bike is cold, and been sitting in first, clutch in there is some resistance if I push the bike forward, or if I start it can push forward a tiny bit. Its as if the clutch is slightly engaged.

If I push the bike forward (with clutch in) a couple of inchs or start there is no further feeling that the clutch is engaged just slightly.

Also, I can only shift into neutral when the bike is running and release the clutch slightly in first to get the gears spinning then can shift into neutral.

Is this normal or is my clutch adjustment off. Its not a big issue from my perspective, but wanted to check.

its normal for the clutch to stick a little when its cold , to get it into neutral rock the bike back and forth with the clutch out and the bike off to shift into neutral.(the motor likes to be spinning to shift.)
when its running in gear it shouldnt feel like its creeping or stalling

Hi, There is always a little clutch drag on any M/C, More so when cold. This is due to the oil sticking the plates together (that's why it clonks into gear on first selection). As other people have said, an oil change does help. You are best selecting neutral while still rolling, this makes it easier as every thing in the gear box is still spinning. Also correct chain tension makes for better gear changes.

Hi there folks, I'm from venezuela, I have a CG125 copy as my DD here.

I just tried to change the clutch friction plates unsuccessfully. My clutch was working correctly before disassembly, but the engagement point was to far out in the levers throw, being the sheath backed up at maximum in both adjusters, on the lever and engine side.

I disassembled the clutch drum, and reinstalled all by the Haynes Manual. Changed the plates, reassembled as per the manual again, and when I install the cover and the cable to the lever I can't make it release the clutch, any thoughts?

I did the disassembly - reassembly 3 times, no success. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wanting to bring this upto light..

Have had the same experience as you guys in relation to finding neutral.

With the addition of when downshifting from third, it doesn't seem to find second and goes directly to neutral. It is either that or second gear is just not engaging..

Oil had been recently change (less than 100 ks)

Any opinions or advice?

Back
Top Bottom