Tyre Talk

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
josephau said:
Dunlop K82 it is then. Not many other options in HK.

Thanks mate !

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

K82s would be a good choice!

It seems the combination of 18" diameter and narrow tyres limits the possibilities in different countries.

I was looking at the K82 initially, but it appeared to be unavailable locally. However, I am more than happy with the Michelin M45.

Crazy

Anyone knows the standard tyre specs, and maximum width tire sizes that would fit on the standard ACE rims (front and rear)?

I'm keen to get a set of whitewall tyres, just to be different / retro.

Haz

回覆: Re: Tyre Talk

stroker crazy said:
K82s would be a good choice!

It seems the combination of 18" diameter and narrow tyres limits the possibilities in different countries.

I was looking at the K82 initially, but it appeared to be unavailable locally. However, I am more than happy with the Michelin M45.

Crazy

cool, a brand new topic just bcos of my 101 question .... thanks Crazy

Joseph

I went for michelin pilot street for my build, I was able to get a 2.75 x 18 for the front but they dont make a 3.00 x 18 rear so went for a 90/90 x 18 which is the equivalent. I've not ridden the bike yet but I have always found michelins to be brilliant tyres.

do we get tubed tyre or tubless tyre with inner tube for our Ace ?

Hi,

I Have a question for everyone running Michelin M45's. I Just bought some and noticed that they have arrows that point towards each other on the tyre for front and rear. Does this mean the front has the pattern with rounded arrow pointing towards the ground as we look at it from above and opposite for the rear?

Regards Cameron

Yes, direction of rotation is opposite for the front and rear tire. Rear tire is supposed to give maximum traction when accelerating, and the front tire is supposed to give maximum traction when decelerating.

Sunrise4567 said:
Hi,

I Have a question for everyone running Michelin M45's.

Hi Cameron,

Just be sure to check the front fender mounting brackets will not get in the way when the tire gets warm (it expands)... took me a while to realize what is that burned rubber smell :-D

Cheers,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
Hi Cameron,

Just be sure to check the front fender mounting brackets will not get in the way when the tire gets warm (it expands)... took me a while to realize what is that burned rubber smell :-D

Cheers,

Thomas

Good point, I did notice that there isn't much space around that front fender. I gave it all a bit of a flex outward to get a bit more clearance for the tyre

Cheers

Ace 125 Tyre Talk

New boots for the Silver Bullet.

Original tyres coming off @ 6800kms. Rear has just hit wear mark and heading square. Front is beginning feather on leading edge. Obviously I need to do more cornering on the way to work.

I've gone for the Pirelli's over the Michelin M45, Metzeler ME22 and Dunlop K81 simply because I like the look of the Pirelli's (even at double the price of the others). I stepped up to a 3.25" rear over the stock 3.00"

Used this site for AU price comparison
http://www.motorcycletyresplus.com.au/motorcycle-tyres/pirelli-city-demon-front/

Purchased and fitted by a local bike shop.

http://www.spmotorcycles.com.au/

Well, what a difference. Like riding a totally different bike. The front tyre must have a totally different profile as the turning and cornering are very, very different. A move from a postie bike front end to a large bike, with no head stock movement. My oldest son has just taken it out for a run to Cronulla and with a gentle run through "The Nasho" over the weekend the tyres should be scrubbed and settled in. Whoo Hoo!

I'll update in a week or so after I put some K's on them.

Attachments

• 20170120_130057.jpg
    20170120_130057.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 373
Got a set of metzeler to go on, baby powder and 3-4mm inner tube good enough? Anyone had any issues with the tube in a tubeless? I know the speed rating comes down but the tyres are still well within the speed capabilities of my ace.
Also wondering if anyone has gone down the route of trying to seal the wheel? Read that polyurethane silicon can work and soudal have a nice sounding product http://www.pfetec.sg/product/fix-all-classic/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom