Skyteam Ace Build Database

2b

Been Around the Block
Hi Guys (no gals?)

I have set up a spreadsheet in google docs, no password or account required to get to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1LNMJQkZqydE1YZHVpV2RoOGJQVmpkT1ZKMVozSlE#gid=0

I am really enjoying following the threads but thought it would be great to bring together the mods that everyone has done in to one place.

If you have a moment it would be great if you could find your name in the spreadsheet and record any mods you have made. If you want to add more detail than there is room for (links to supplier etc.) please right click on a cell and add a Comment. Any help filling in the first line would be good to.

Then just a quick comment on this thread to say it is done.

Cheers.

Added my bikes details - for reference it now looks like this :
DSCF7405_zps8ce3339b.jpg

And the result is spot on 100kmh with 90kg of me sat on it :)

Done my bit for the group ... will be quite a repository of information when it's completed.

Haz

Thanks for getting this going guys.

I will be getting my Ace in the Spring, so will be brilliant to watch this get filled in and pick up on what has been done.

happy to add some stuff in it's current state.

The ace will be modified in about 3 weeks, new header, exhaust, jets etc.

I'm in!

Top effort creating this data base - well done mate!

I find it amazing that such a small capacity, lets face it, cheap cheerful Chinese copy bike can create such enthusiasm and effort all around the world! But like all bikes that are destined to become classics (cos in my view it is) what Skyteam have built in is fun, not only that but they have done it in such away that no one is scared to 'play' with the brand new bikes and customize them.

Think about it, Harley have spent years and millions to get this result. The only thing Skyteam have missed out on is not being the supplier of all the upgrade bits!

Dave

Hey Tad,

I see you list front hose as a Goodrich item. Where did you get it and what part no. has it?

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, I used to work in the M/C trade so I acquired a length of goodridge off a sports scooter that was longer than my Ace's brake line and then cut it down to correct length, then fitted it with a spare new banjo I had lying around in my workshop.

If you can get in touch with Goodridge they might be able to make you a brake line, but you might have to send them yours so they have a pattern. It's worth a phone call.

If anyone can fill in details where there are question marks across the top of the spreadsheet in the STOCK row, please go ahead.

Love Dave M's comment in the Alarm column.

Tad said:
Hi Dave, I used to work in the M/C trade so I acquired a length of goodridge off a sports scooter that was longer than my Ace's brake line and then cut it down to correct length, then fitted it with a spare new banjo I had lying around in my workshop.

If you can get in touch with Goodridge they might be able to make you a brake line, but you might have to send them yours so they have a pattern. It's worth a phone call.

Where did I get 'Goodrich' from?! Cheers mate I'll either give it a go or tap up a chum who works in a hydraulic hose factory (honest) - Reminds me of a tale my mate who worked in a bus depot used to tell. He opened a box of bus brake shoes and found a note inside saying "Help- I am being held prisoner in a brake shoe factory"

Dave

23 bikes on the spreadsheet now. some definite trends showing up. I tidied it a bit this evening. If you know someone who hasn't contributed yet, give them a nudge :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1LNMJQkZqydE1YZHVpV2RoOGJQVmpkT1ZKMVozSlE#gid=0

Back
Top Bottom