Skyteam Ace Factory News/Rumours/Leaks

2b

Been Around the Block
Watch the Skyteam facebook page in June/July, there may just be news of an Ace 250! Sample may be being worked on now, but I couldn't possibly say. Should be available to NZ and Japan at some stage but no timeframe available, not sure about the rest of the world.

They are keen for feedback/suggestions/contributions on any of their products via their facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/SKYTEAMSACIN

Also found out that the engineers watch this forum and the build spreadsheet for ideas for the Ace. So we may see new tuning parts and changes to standard parts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1LNMJQkZqydE1YZHVpV2RoOGJQVmpkT1ZKMVozSlE#gid=0

JarradSchmarrad posted these Snake Motors pics some time back in the main thread. Would be good if this what Skyteam are looking to do for a 250...

Most of the snake motors bikes look fun. If I lived there I think the garage would fill up. A quick search on google images shows them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChrisBNE said:
That tank is sublime.

It may very well be but where does the fuel go in or come out for that matter? Still nice though....... I wonder why the rear brake is so crap.... I'm sure my XL 125 would lock it's rear wheel up.

And if Skyteam are reading this

A. Thank you for the smiles and
B. 1976 XL125 copy??? with the orange tank....please...

Dave ;D

Dave M said:
And if Skyteam are reading this

A. Thank you for the smiles and
B. 1976 XL125 copy??? with the orange tank....please...

Dave ;D

And a 1977 one with metallic blue tank please - just like the one I bought brand new................. 8) Hongdou did a XL125S copy so a K3 should be fine .

The fairing looks great. Your right, there appears to be no fuel cap or tap. The rear light isn't there and if you look closely you will notice the head steady brackets are missing (the engine mount under the tank). Also I'm sure that the front mudguard would hit the fairing under breaking. perhaps this is a mock up to show what's to come as it's on a trade stand. All that said though, LOOKS SUPER.

I have heard that Snake bikes are coming out of the Skyteam factory, so fingers crossed some of those Snake parts become available. Unfortunately I think it will the the other Snake model which will become available over here (if any).

LOL good spotting Orrible! That gives some indication of how much of a mock-up it is. Motor is larger (250cc?) but you are right, rear cog and exhaust are definitely 50cc. How long have the 50cc's been out? while the exhaust and cog are unmistakeable, other items like the front brake resevoir and rear shocks are earlier than those on our 50cc

One more thing I've noticed is the bike doesn't have a gear lever either.
Maybe it's a twist and go or a sit and paddle LOL.

Over the course of a few emails, I asked the factory for details of the 250. Will leave them alone for a while now and see what is announced for various markets in May/June.

"Acturally we are working on a new ACE in 250cc with our Japanese customer, which should be ready in this May or June. Once ready, we will post on our facebook."

Will the 250 Ace that you are working on become available to New Zealand?

"Yes, should be. But right now I have no clue when it will be available for New Zealand yet, cause after completing the sample, homologation is also required to make it available in New Zealand. We will keep you updated for the progess."

Is the 250 sample the one that Snake Motors have been showing a mock up of on the Internet? Or will the 250 look like the current Ace's?

"For the 250cc, there will be two versions, one is just like our current ACE, the other will look like the one modified by SNAKE MOTORS, to suit different market needs."

Hope they don't mind me sharing this, they will probably read it here, but they didn't ask me to keep it a secret. 8)

Some more info from the factory. Raw data is theirs, I added graphs. Let me know if I should format them differently.

So for the 125...
Do these figures mean it is most fuel efficient at 7,000 rpm?
Top speed at 8,000 rpm?
Climb hills at 6,500 rpm?
How about efficient acceleration, what rpm do the figures suggest for an up shift?
Where should the red line be painted on a tacho?

All this is obviously for the stock bikes. I don't know much about this stuff.
Do different tuning enhancements shift different parts of the power and torque curves? Or does the curve stay the same shape, and all the numbers go up?
For example how would a decatted, egr removed, oo racing molkt carb bike's figures look compared to these standard ones?

Attachments

• Ace Torque and Kw Graphed.pdf
    199.9 KB · Views: 294
2b said:
Some more info from the factory …

Interesting information 2b!

2b said:
Do different tuning enhancements shift different parts of the power and torque curves? Or does the curve stay the same shape, and all the numbers go up?

Either can be the case, depending on your specific modifications.

I'm attempting to fatten-up the mid-range without reducing the top-end. The alterations that some others have made would have the tendency to make the motor more peaky.

There are discrepancies between the new figures and those quoted in the 'Operation Instruction'.
The booklet quotes:

Power 7.5Kw @ 8500rpm
Torque 8.5N.m @ 7500rpm

There seem to be some exaggeration going on!

Crazy

I wonder how much they gain once run in? Perhaps the factory figures are fresh engines? I try not to badger my contact there too much but perhaps I will ask about the discrepancy politely next time I ask a question.

Back
Top Bottom