Skyteam Ace Factory News/Rumours/Leaks

2b said:
Do these figures mean it is most fuel efficient at 7,000 rpm?
Top speed at 8,000 rpm?
Climb hills at 6,500 rpm?
How about efficient acceleration, what rpm do the figures suggest for an up shift?
Where should the red line be painted on a tacho?

All this is obviously for the stock bikes. I don't know much about this stuff.
Do different tuning enhancements shift different parts of the power and torque curves? Or does the curve stay the same shape, and all the numbers go up?
For example how would a decatted, egr removed, oo racing molkt carb bike's figures look compared to these standard ones?
My humble opinion in order of ?s
Yep.
Yep.
Yep (as you start dropping below peak tork, you'll start thinking about a lower gear).
Depends what you mean by efficient. By the looks of the graph tork is still very meaty at 6K. So if you change up at 7K, you ought to hit the next gear at about 6K? I'm not sure, Mikeyw64's gear ratio chart ties in wonderfully with this info, by the way.
Paint it wherever you like. Where's it stop sounding good, or being useful, how often you wanna tear it down? If you stick to the factory CDI, I'd paint it just before it kicks in. By the looks of your ?s you could also paint a greenline at 7K. That's your magic number. It's where peak tork and peak power come together very nicely. Which is also why best fuel consumption is at 7K. It sounds like you know plenty, but for further reading, have you gotten into Phil Irving or David Vizard? Great armchair stuff.
If you do mods such as the ones you mention the curves ought to go up together.

Thanks Stan0.

Found a 1965 copy of the book here, looks like great reading.

http://tuningforspeed.com/files/Tuning_for_Speed.pdf

The physical books sell for a packet!

Snake Motors single racer (it's 230cc) is in production and 100 of them will be for sale in Japan for ¥598000 (tax excluded) according to their FB page. A lot of money for a small bike.

[Disclaimer: Google translator used, could have also meant that a new flavor of snake ice cream with tofu and nori seaweed is now available you never know]

2b said:
Over the course of a few emails, I asked the factory for details of the 250. Will leave them alone for a while now and see what is announced for various markets in May/June.

"Acturally we are working on a new ACE in 250cc with our Japanese customer, which should be ready in this May or June. Once ready, we will post on our facebook."

Will the 250 Ace that you are working on become available to New Zealand?

"Yes, should be. But right now I have no clue when it will be available for New Zealand yet, cause after completing the sample, homologation is also required to make it available in New Zealand. We will keep you updated for the progess."

Is the 250 sample the one that Snake Motors have been showing a mock up of on the Internet? Or will the 250 look like the current Ace's?

"For the 250cc, there will be two versions, one is just like our current ACE, the other will look like the one modified by SNAKE MOTORS, to suit different market needs."

Hope they don't mind me sharing this, they will probably read it here, but they didn't ask me to keep it a secret. 8)

I just followed up with the factory. As it would be great to get a factory 250cc

Q. How are the plans coming along for the 250 ace and the snakemotors version?

A. "For the ACE250cc, we have already exported the first batch to Japan. But it's a pity that we haven't made the EEC homologation yet, neither for the SNAKE model, no big progess for the homologation yet"

Some more info from Skyteam and their ambitions for a factory 250cc

The pictures below were taken on 5/8/14 by the factory of their "Skyteam Ace 250cc." for the Japanese market.

For the Snakemotors version they sent me to the Snakemotors website which now has some updated pictures on it of a bike that has a fuel cap!

http://snakemotors.com/mc/77.html

Attachments

• DSC01668.jpg
    DSC01668.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC01679.jpg
    DSC01679.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC01689.jpg
    DSC01689.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 484
I will try to find out if it is available as a spare part and whether it will fit the 125.

2b said:
I will try to find out if it is available as a spare part and whether it will fit the 125.

I really, REALLY, hope it is available as a spare and that they ship overseas... :eek:
Not so sure about the mounting bolts, it seems they go somewhere into the engine? Or a bracket under the fuel tank?
Headlamp looks like a 7 inch unit, does it not?

I got this reply about using the Factory Ace250cc fairing on the Ace125cc

"Hello Richard,

Right now our company haven't sold the fairing as tuning for ACE yet, and acturally it cannot be mounted on ACE directly, some modification needed. In the future, once it's available for ACE, we will let you know."

madmax1983 said:
I wonder if they sell the fairings on their own

I've asked them about that one a couple of times madmax, unfortunately at the time they had no intention of selling them separately, perhaps that will change.

I found this old picture of a skyteam ace prototype and asked the factory about the disk brake. They replied:

"Yes, the initial prototype of our ACE is with rear disc brake, but afterwards, we found the rear drum brake is more reliable, so we have decided to use rear drum brake for the batch production. Just checked, the rear disc brake kit is not available right now, cause quite some parts need to be changed. However, later we will work on this kit as tuning, once available, we will let you know."

Attachments

• ace prototype 2011.jpg
    ace prototype 2011.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 664
"we found the rear drum brake is more reliable".
Eh?
Cost of production lower more likely.
Sounds like the revised linkages on the brake rod has improved rear braking significantly?

Here is the Snake Motors Ace 250 running...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1490795767840871

Back
Top Bottom