Does everybody else? Skyteam Ace Common problems

High beam (haha) has stopped working. Bulb looks fine, so suspect the wiring has come adrift somewhere. Fun and games.

On my second bulb (no low beam). Busted 1 spoke that went through tube. I have replaced front and rear wheel (same spokes) picked up a second wheel for spare spokes. Probably from 'spirited' riding as I now have replaced rear springs (they are only springs, NO damping) with full adjustable and front fork mod (25mm spacer & 20w oil). It's as sharp as a tac now :)
Almost ready for 3k oil change

Anyone having problem with oil leaking from the screw hole? Oil keeps coming out from the hole.

Attachments

• 20140715_214610.jpg
    20140715_214610.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 296
Checked accuracy of my speedo against GPS app on my phone. Took bike flat out and speedo read 60mph but GPS app shows just over 70mph.
Not impressed with speedo but impressed with top speed.
Also checked app against my car and app is accurate.
Cheers Carl

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-16-11-33-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-16-11-33-51.png
    609.3 KB · Views: 282
Carl jd said:
Checked accuracy of my speedo against GPS app on my phone. Took bike flat out and speedo read 60mph but GPS app shows just over 70mph.
Cheers Carl

What app is this that you're using? I've been concerned that my speedo might be reading fast - although as a rider with an L plate it might just be drivers just being incapable of sitting behind a learner...

hi, proud owner of the ace. bit of a problem, only 100k on the clock but
when its up to what I think is temperature[2k or more] when I stop and turn engine off,

its hard to start again until its cooled down a bit
any ideas?

Anyone else had any of the spoke nipples go rusty real quick ?
a couple of mine look like they didnt get zinc coated or whatever it is they use, and the rest look ok.

Has anybody found another fuel cap to fit the Ace?

I over the leaking fuel thing. I have tried modifying the stock fuel cap to slow down the dribble.

I've been looking to buy another rubber seal that goes round fuel cap, so I could double it up and see if that solves it.
Only thing I found is to buy the full fuel cap which seems a bit over the top just for the rubber seal. Might try make 1.

Carl

My bike is very nearly here. Been on the slow boat from China literally. Just lining up parts for it.

I see that Tom knows the part numbers and Chris was thinking of replacing the rear hub damper bushes and bolts. How many of you have replaced them?

Trying to decide whether to get this done as a cheap preventative measure with my initial mods.

Honda 41241-222-000 BUSH, RR.

Honda 90128-KE2-940 BOLT

Cheers
Richard

Got my ace last week.
Love it , but gets my wrists.
Do I wait for warrantee to run out before I do some mods??

Tocatch said:
Got my ace last week.

Good to have you aboard!

I don't think many of waited very long before getting to work. 2b has a whole raft of changes to be made before he even receives the bike!

A warranty isn't really worth much, and I doubt whether anything worth claiming on would eventuate before its demise.

Check out the Ace Owners Locator to see if there any 'Ace' riders in your vicinity.

Crazy

Tocatch said:
Got my ace last week.

I did 15 whole kilometres before tinkering with mine by fitting the OO Racing 303 kit...

Since then, I've changed most of the same things as everyone else: mirrors, suspension, tyres, spark plug etc.

Not many of us have had much consideration of the warranty so far ::)

Carl jd said:
Cheers Carl

Back
Top Bottom