ACE 50 - surely not this slow?

Good news - I assume that junior Sagalout is wearing a huge grin under that helmet!
All the best from the very vile, dank and utterly miserable North Cotswolds.

sagalout said:
Looks pretty accurate going by the Suus customs 39.5mph with the 13/38T.

Does anyone know what the stock jet is in the Sheng Wey carb on the 50? Was going to order a pack of jets to play around with but want to know whats in it at the moment (without opening it up)

First of all. Before you start changing jets. Have you removed the restrictor that is fitted to the engine side of the inlet manifold? It makes a huge difference to the motors rev willingness! This restrictor is just a round slab of thick aluminum with a tiny hole through the center. To remove it, you just knock it out from the inside.
If I'm telling you something you already knew, I apologize...

Kind regards
Stian :)

Yeah, we have that removed and the EGR thing plugged up. It's running pretty well now, but still a little lean. Only real restriction left is in the exhaust, but need to find a slip-on that will fit if I cut the restrictor out

sagalout said:
Yeah, we have that removed and the EGR thing plugged up. It's running pretty well now, but still a little lean. Only real restriction left is in the exhaust, but need to find a slip-on that will fit if I cut the restrictor out

That header and exhaust is a major restriction. When I pulled the rubber hose attached to the header and used it as a sort of 'bypass' , mine was hitting well over 70km/h easy and still revving. I plugged it up as it was causing a backfire and the bike now peaks out at about 60-63km/h.

I'm just awaiting for my muffler to arrive then off to get a new proper header bent. What I'm not sure about is the sizing of the pipe to maximise the gains (keep some sort of back pressure).. Anyone out there know whats best for the 50cc?

When I spoke to ooracing they said the header was actually ok, and it was where it joins the muffler that all the restriction is. They recommended just cutting and grafting on a slip on

sagalout said:
They recommended just cutting and grafting on a slip on

The 50 header is OK, but cutting and adding a slip-on leaves the exhaust system too short and you lose precious mid-range torque.

Crazy

7/8 is about the OD of the current header. My engine displacement has been increased to approx. 72cc now with a hotter cam and bigger valves.....

I do want that mid range though. The faster I get to 60, the less likely I am to get abused by the car behind me. ::)

Back
Top Bottom