Hello from Belgium!

Red Ace

Hello everyone,

I am Dirk from Antwerp (great race track by the way:)

Today I went to pick up my brand new little Ace. What a great day!
The sound, the driving experience (seemed like I was doing 80 and I was doing 40!! all the way).

There were a bit of engine issues right from the start: didn't react at all to gashandle movement.
It stalled numerous times...
Found out I was driving with the choke on... stupid me.

I had a blast for the first 10km's or so and then disaster struck. Familiar to some of you guys, but new to me:
the gear link cable/stick broke off. Or at least I lost it while doing 60 km/h.
Nice. What a piece of cr@° Hehe, but for me it was pure joy. I went looking for the missing gear connector and luckily found it in the middle of the street.
I picked it up and started right away to fix it and with only hands as tools it was not as tight as I wanted, but good enough.

My first experience with Chinese bikes was a interesting one:) But I like it, this is exactly why I bought the Ace. To work on it and improve the quality and reliability by my self.

I think I will enjoy it more and more. The power output is for me at least sufficient (for now, it has been 8 years since my last motorcycle. which was a Honda CBR600F with 115 HP :) vmax 260 and 0-100 3.6 sec...).
It feels sweeter than my old CBR125R also, which is surprising. Since that thing had 13 hp.

I am happy to zip around the neighbourhood and tomorrow try the 90 KM/h roads. Wish me luck;-)

I did some mods:
- EGR delete
- cat delete, by installing the optional queengarden freeflow exhaust (chrome).
- no rearview mirrors;-) handlebar mirrors are on the shopping list.

Tomorrow toolbox out and start to fiddle with the rest of the nuts and bolts. As to assure nothing else will come off...

Red Ace said:
… fiddle with the rest of the nuts and bolts.

Good to have you aboard, Dirk!

When replacing bolts it's a very good idea to use anti-seize grease; it can save much trouble later.

Crazy

Hey,

Thank you crazy, I was already looking into that. Not sure what product to use though.
Few moments that it didn't start... found out fuel valve was set to reserve.
And the idle was way way way upt there (too high).
I got that adjusted. Now it runs fine, but doesn't wasn't to start from time to time.
Also my kickstarter went crazy while driving... and started to move by itself downwards...
Weird. Now it stopped doing that.

Fuel cap is leaking... and I didn't fill her up to the top even! Anyone has suggestions?
I read a bit here and there on the forum, but no straight fix it seems.

Cars and coffee? I know about that event, went once last year.
Very nice cars. Ferrari's, Ford GT40 (recent model) etc.
Café racer, I will see if I can get there with my bike (since it falls apart every so many miles:)
Also I have a family gathering tomorrow.

Maybe tell me when you will be there and then I let you know. It would be great if all Antwerp Ace owners would be able to meet up together:)

Other great news:

TOPSPEED tested!

.... 100 KM/h ... with wind, and not flat on tank, and revs to spare (no road left, traffic lights).

This is offcourse on the speedo. So not accurate.
Still better than 85 km/h as predicted.

Ordered tune up kit from OOracing...

Hehe,

I only just got the bike and now I already ordered the tune up kit;-)
I can't wait to void the warranty.
I hope it will improve the handling a lot: better starting, idling, full throttle.. etc.

-Red Ace-

Hey Red Ace,

Looking forward to the first Antwerp Ace meeting. Very curious to see the different bikes together. I'm not free this weekend but maybe next time. Keep me informed.

Ruben (from Deurne, Antwerp)

Antwerp Ace meet

Hey Ruben,

That sounds great 'Antwerp Ace meeting'... hehe.
I think we need to contact a whole bunch of Ace riders and get things going.
Starting with the ones on this forum:)

Dirk

ok, lets see i suggest we have an Ace meeting somewhere in April...
To kick off the new Ace season in a good way:)

Everyone is welcome, but i think NZ will be a bit too far from Antwerp:)
Pretty city though, well worth the trip.

I am thinking to fit a 30 mm carburettor to my Ace, is this over the top?
And what brand should i use?

I want to reach that illusive 120km/h.
Is there a way to make the first gear stretch a bit more (over 30kmh?) without changing the sprocket? Do gear kits exist?

Red Ace said:
I am thinking to fit a 30 mm carburettor to my Ace, is this over the top?

see reply in Carburettor Information.

Red Ace said:
Is there a way to make the first gear stretch a bit more (over 30kmh?) without changing the sprocket? Do gear kits exist?

You will need to change sprockets; use a 17 tooth front sprocket and see if you need to reduce teeth on the rear sprocket as well.

Crazy

sunshine = mod time

The sun is shining, easter weekend is coming up...
That means: time to do some mods!

To do list:

- handle bar mirrors
- rear miller replica stop light
- tightening all nuts and bolts:)
- removing rear mudguard?
- removing stickers...

Later:

- new tires
- new suspension (rear)
- rpm gauge
- 303 tune ooracing installation

I want to go out for a quick spin around town. But 6 beaufort winds are keeping me in today.

I will post pictures as soon as i finished my mods:)

Re: sunshine = mod time

Red Ace said:
I want to go out for a quick spin around town. But 6 beaufort winds are keeping me in today.

The winds aren't that bad...
Had to ride through them to get to work.
Just stick to the middle of your lane so you have room to swerve when the wind hits you :D

Ha!

Just braved those treacherous winds and showers of rain and arrived safely in Antwerp city after a 65 km drive.
The local shop installed the ooracing 303 kit jets but the cdi won't work:-(
Maybe they don't know how to install it.

Anyway.... The Ace struggled with 90 km/h and to keep it there wasn't easy.
With the new jets pick up and throttle response is muuuuch better.
The top speed went from 100 to way up 113+..
I didn't max it out. I am still running in the bike.

Now i can easily reach 90. And cruise at that speed.

So now i need better cdi and 150cc kit... Hopefully i can break the 120:)

So 15 kmh gain with new jets.
Came from 80kmh... To now 113+. Just delete the EGR, sports exhaust (factory item without cat) and new jets... Amazing.
It feels more and more like a real motorcycle.

Dirk

Howdy fellow Belgians,

When will this Antwerp get together happen and is a guy from Brussels welcome to join? Maybe we can meet up somewhere half way?

cheers!

Wouter

Hey Wouter,

You're more than welcome to join us at the next "cars and coffee" in Kapellen. It's on the 26th of april.

http://www.carsandcoffee.be/

See you soon,

Ruben

Back
Top Bottom