Skyteam Ace 125 - Aftermarket exhause; any ideas?

.Steven.

Ok guys, bought a 125 for the girlfriend. Some things are getting changed. Anyone here who has changed the exhaust and is happy with it, please let me know!

id recommend a peashooter exhaust. I love mine, performance is a bit better, but it makes the engine sound just beautiful :)

Attachments

• gc5364626765615468276.jpg
    gc5364626765615468276.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 3,646
If you scroll through the posts over here you will find some chat about mufflers.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/413627725373952/
There were some interesting ones on...
28/3
17/3
6/3

Quite a few of us have ended up with something that looks like an Emgo Shorty reverse cone muffler, usually need to repack them as the packing in them disintegrates. And a header from OO Racing.

Having the whole unit as long as possible seems to be the consensus.

2b said:
If you scroll through the posts over here you will find some chat about mufflers.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/413627725373952/
There were some interesting ones on...
28/3
17/3
6/3

Quite a few of us have ended up with something that looks like an Emgo Shorty reverse cone muffler, usually need to repack them as the packing in them disintegrates. And a header from OO Racing.

Having the whole unit as long as possible seems to be the consensus.

Thanks for the link man.

Hey Steven,

I bought an exhaust from Queengarden (importer in Belgium of skyteam).
You wont lose your warranty and its a sports exhaust with a great sound. And it will give more hp.
Pretty too (full chrome exhaust). Ask your dealer (he can get one). It is however an expensive one.
193 euros... Including fitting.

Groeten,

Dirk

Red Ace said:
Hey Steven,

I bought an exhaust from Queengarden (importer in Belgium of skyteam).
You wont lose your warranty and its a sports exhaust with a great sound. And it will give more hp.
Pretty too (full chrome exhaust). Ask your dealer (he can get one). It is however an expensive one.
193 euros... Including fitting.

Groeten,

Dirk

Ok Dirk, bedankt!.

I am about to replace the official skyteam chrome sports exhaust. The dealer here supplied it for nz$200 when I bought the bike. He no longer sells that system because, although it has no catalytic converters in it, the header is narrow and the muffler is very restricted. It made very little difference to power. I am going for the oo racing header and an aftermarket exhaust. Having put some initial miles on the bike, I am happy to forgo warranty. Being a small dealer and a skyteam, I would imagine a claim for anything would be difficult at best. If you do get/have the chrome exhaust, oo racing recommend sticking an 18mm drill up it and drilling out the end baffle, then rejetting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi again, not posted anything for ages. So, I've got around to fitting a new silencer to my Ace and thought I'd show what it's like.
The one I have gone for is a Tulip type. It does come with what they call a baffle, but it makes very little difference at all.
So what I have done is to modify the baffle to be adjustable. I will post photos of this later as I have just fitted it and wanted to try it.
The chrome pipe between the silencer and down pipe is an old down pipe of some chopper that my mate had kicking about, it is a good push fit onto the standard pipe.
Thank, Tad.

PS, I tried to add a video of it running but file was to big. So I have put it on Facebook page of Skyteam Ace 125,250 and 50cc if interested.

Attachments

• new Exhaust.jpg
    new Exhaust.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,155
Here is the adjustable baffle that I have made. The photos show what parts I used, Main baffle that came with silencer, 6mm threaded rod, small length of baffle tube (smaller than main baffle), wadding and a selection of 6mm nuts and washers.
When the inner baffle is assembled with wadding wired in, it can then be inserted into main baffle and adjusted back and forth with lock nut at closed end. This has to be done with main baffle removed from exhaust
The exhaust is a lot better on the ear now and can easily removed and altered to suit.

Attachments

• baffle 1.jpg
    baffle 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 432
  • baffle 3.jpg
    baffle 3.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 570
  • baffle 4.jpg
    baffle 4.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 711
  • baffle 5.jpg
    baffle 5.jpg