ACE R50

50nas

Hi everybody!

My name is Jonas, new member from Sweden, don´t know if there are anyone else riding an ACE here from Sweden? Nice board with lot´s of inspiration and information!

I ordered and payed my 50R last week and waiting for it now. Haven´t got a MC licence, so I got the 50cc to able to drive it on my car licence. Was gonna go with the red/silver 50 first, but it was out of stock so they gave me the all black R50 for the same price, it has piggyback gas rear shocks, clip on handlebars and a small window/shroud from factory.

Also ordered a bounch of stuff from OORacing at the same time, I´m going to put everything on before driving it. 70cc/big valve head-kit, 22mm carb, new exhaust, upgraded CDI-box, rear 40T sprocket, foam airfilter, battery relocation kit, single clock 140 km/h speedo etc. Hoping on 6-7 bhp and 65-75 km/h top-speed (45 mph?). Also ordered a black/white/yellow sticker kit for a Honda Dream with stripes, side decals and Honda motorsport logos. Will also delete the rear fender and put on Another back light, maybe change indicators to small LED ones.

Now I´m waiting for everything then it´s goin to be some weeks workin the garage. I want it ready for road till my vacation early July :)

Welcome aboard Jonas!

I think you're our first Swedish rider; the other Scandinavian members are from Norway.

Keep us posted on the modifications.

Crazy

Thank's, I will post pics as soon as the bike arrives. This is the model, I like the red/silver original design, but I think this one looks cool to:

26540403-origpic-3a40ad.jpg

Also new member.
Had a 70cc big bore with no cat exaust and a 19mm carb with foam filtet. 43 rear sprocket. Did 70 kmt on straigt road and 84 downhill on the gps.
Now i got a 125cc ohc engine. Did not like having only 4 gears..

jorn.s said:
Did 70 kmt on straigt road and 84 downhill on the gps.

Sounds reasonable for the 70cc; the 125 motor must have put a smile on your face!

Welcome to the Crew - which country are you from?

Crazy

From Norway.
Bought 2 ace 50 as project bikes. One for me and one for my friend, so when i ordered 2, we got the big bore kits for free. And shipping was not that bad.
Have done some mods. Handlebar mirror, tacometer, new brake light, new battery (original was crap), new rear tire (original was oval), new engine, new exaust from oo, removed rear fender and replaced it wit a alu plate. new cdi from oo, adjusted the rims, new air filter. Have cut of all the plates for egr and stuff from the frame, and re painted the areas. Prob almost done now :)
Im breakin in the new engine now, so have not been driving it really hard yet. But it's a huge difference, pulls mutch better :)

Some pictures of my ace "50" :)
2_zpsqrxlxrrf.jpg

3_zpskw0jbdmv.jpg

1_zps1dyugwln.jpg

4_zpsbnaopkr8.jpg

Coool, looks fast! Have you replaced the whole exhaust with manifold and all, or just the silencer?

replaced everything.
the stock 50cc exaust is tiny. It was no way it could be used on the 125 engine.

Used a dremel on the 50cc exaust to remove some welds on the inside of the manifoild pipe. The welds are huge, so take a look when you get yours. And did some dremling on the exaust port on the 70cc kit. there is lots of material resticting the exaust flow that can be removed on both the head and manifoild..

When re checking my gps log i can see i got 74 kmt on the flat as max speed with the slightly ported 70cc kit. And 84 in slight downhill (the engine reved out). The engine was screaming at ~11500 rpm + in 84kmt with the 43 rear sprocket. Had to readjust the valve clearance after that run :( Thats when i decided to stop fiddelig with it and just buy a cheap 125 ohc engine with a 5 speed gearbox :)

You are never almost done. Sounds like a great project. Don't forget to take the big restrict out of the inlet Manafold .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go up one tooth, maybe 2 on front cog. Will give better top end speed. Get a Dremmel type tool and open up inlet and exhaust ports. Clean out the exhaust for good flow. Lots of extra horsepower to be had . Mine started out at 4.8 hp and is now around 12-13 hp(150 cc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the right things to do. OORacing writes on their page that the inlet should be taken up to 22mm when putting the 70cc kit on. Is this the same operation as "taking thd plug out"?

The 14/43 sprockets was about perfect for my set up with the 70 cc big bore. Could not rev it out on flat ground (but almost), and was pulling fairly nice up steep hills. A 22mm carb might help a little on the top revs. The inlet maifoild is only 19mm, so that was why i bought a 19mm carb for the 70cc big bore setup. The restrictor in the inlet maifoild was 8mm lol, but easy to remove.

I know im prob never going to be all "done" tweaking the bike. I bought the 125 ohc engine and not a ohv, just in case i later wanted a 4 valve big bore kit for it. That should give a fair amount of extra hp. oo racing has a 23/27 hp 4 valve big bore kit for zongshen engines, but im not sure if that one fits. For now im just going to use it for a while as it is. At least this summer before i continue spending $ on it.

I live up in the arctic, so summers are short, and winters are loooong.
So have plenty of time fo resherching and tweaking at winter, and too few sunny days riding at summer :)

Hope you are aware of the insurance issues with making a motorcycle out of your moped Jonas!
Which is exactly what happens the minute you put your 70cc kit on it.
Then you're gonna have to get a license to drive it, otherwise you're not insured if anything happens.
Also the bike has to be registered and insured as a light motorcycle.

Datadavid: Yeah, ofcourse if you do it by the book. But the 70cc cylinder I'm putting on it has 48cc stamped on it. I'm aware of the rules, but they can be bent :)

I have a 1977 Vespa Popolino 50 since 2 years. It has a 75cc cylinder, carb from a 125cc, re-geared etc. It does around 70 km/h and doesn't even have to have plates. It's unregistered and insured according to old 30 km/h regulations. So far, so well. Just have to use ones head while driving, I never use more than 2:nd gear on bike tracks and try to keep max 40 km/h in town.

The advantage with the CDI I'm getting for the Ace 50/70 is the button that put's it down to un-tuned levels by a pressing and can be hid under the frame.

Laws are made to be, if not broken, bent alittle :)

Are you in Sweden?

Swedish outlaw just like yourself! :D
There were very few mopeds around in my youth that didn't have any form of performance upgrade, its a cultural thing..
My puch was only modded with the usual pulled intake plug, did around 55kph..
Not that i condone any such unlawful behaviour, oh no, god forbid!

Cool, thanks for the advice. Still waiting for delivery, so I'm not shurr how much I will tune it. The "cat" has to go, and I'm changing the CDI. Then I will see about the rest...

Ok. Did you get the same as me, from OOR with a button for two settings? My bike is a 50 by the way. Maybe more difference there?

Back
Top Bottom