Skyteam Ace to RC Honda Racer Replica!!

the tallest gearing you can go(or I can) is 17 front 34 rear. your fairing may allow this for you. if you have the horsepower or nice slippery bike this should get you into the 80s to 90s. i would recommend a steering damper at those speeds though
head work and a free flowing exhaust helps a lot

It will be very interesting to see at what price-point and colour combination Skyteam offer a full fairing for the Ace, and how it will be mounted.

With regard to the gearing, I will have to double check mine. If I recall, it was the smallest front sprocket and the largest rear sprocket option, and whilst it does feel overgeared, at least you know that there is little chance of over-revving it! With the fairing on, there is only a very slight buffetting at high speed but certainly nothing to worry about.

It feels bizarre writing this thread now. I am stuck waiting for a plane in Quito airport lounge (I'm away on business) whilst watching the popes' plane being fuelled up. (He's in Ecuador for a couple of days) I won't be home for another week, so the Ace is on standby!
[pic][/pic]

For more speed you go biggest on front to smallest on back. Reasonable gearing for stock is 16-38. 17 -38 is equvelent to 15-34
Gear combinations for power through to fast as
15-38 standard
16-38 best for stock
17-38 15-34 modified exhaust mild head work
16-34 fast but needs serious port job
17-34 not for street use. 4000 rpm at 60 kph. Sounds like a Harley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its all cheech and chong "up in smoke"
Not seen that film for some time now,
Think you might have to explain that one to a few people.

6de22b3950e451ed3305d0b5bb178e72.jpg

7f91050fc8ebf7da522f4d545f54ce5a.jpg

It had a mark in the bore from new . I honed it to get rid of it . Barely deglazed bore. Wish I had left it alone now.

What is left of deformation is at bottom of picture. Dead centre, halfway down bore. Something had been dropped in it at manufacturing or transit.
Ran ok and thought it would " ride out with wear". It did not and was a lump around Mark could feel with fingernail. Would have caused odd ring wear. Hence I honed lightly . Now smoky damit.

Not looking good orrible 64!! but at least the advantage of these engines is that you can replace the cylinder at negligible cost if needs be. With my 150cc upgrade, I've done over 1000 miles on it now and all looking good, and I'm sure that it prospers from a good thrashing (& constant oil changes)

Now in Santiago Chile - Lots of Chinese / Honda CG125 clones in Latin America, but no Aces!!

Hi John,
It was a pleasure to meet you too! I will give you a shout when I'm coming down next time.

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Quick update - Had a great trip at the weekend doing 350 miles in 2 days, going from Devon to the Midlands (Shropshire) and back again. Bike went great, though had to have multiple stops to alleviate the numb bum / stiff shoulders, tingling arms and legs etc!

Gutted to see that 2 rear spokes have fractured (Again) - You can see one of the offending items from the enclosed photograph if you look at approximately 5 o'clock on the rear wheel) Also, the cush drive is boll*xed again, less than 1000 miles since I changed the original ones. It looks like OORacing's aftermarket bushes are even worse than Skyteam's own effort. Looking to swap both cush drive bushes & spokes with genuine Honda items and be done with it.

Coming back on the M5 yesterday, (I don't like motorways, but with the two broken spokes, I didn't want to chance hitting potholes on the cross country route) I had a funny encounter when a Ferrari F430 spider pulled up alongside me and started waving and the lady passenger taking photos of me, before changing down a gear and giving it some beans! It's somewhat ironic when a £150K supercar salutes a lowly chinese replica, but it certainly made me smile.
[pic][/pic]

The Alloy Footpegs came via e-bay and were advertised as being for Yamaha R1 / R6 applications, and were approximately £10.00 from memory. Fit straight on and look so much better in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom