'71 CB100/125 (the un scooter)

Heres how I did the 360 and plan to do the 100.

switched power from key switch to the kill switch

kill switch to the relay coil.

other side of relay coil to ground.

When both the key and kill are in run postion the relay picks and makes up the N/O contacts.

That way the key switch kills the bike AND/OR The kill switch kills the bike. Series'd either one will kill power to relay and open Normally Open contacts.

Then...

Power straight from battery through a fuse then to N/O relay contact.

other side of N/O relay contact to feed coil.

Make sense???

This way clean power is fed only to the coil straight from the battery w minimal connections. Only fuse and contacts.

Ive been running the same relay for 4 or more years now...without any failure.

Be absolutely sure your welder fits a pipe in the inlet of muffler when welding. Mine egged just the tiniest bit and made fitting them leak free a real bear. AND my brackets were welded further from the inlet than you posted showing yours.

Cone eng quiet core mufflers install on my 360...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=27417.msg731760#msg731760

My buddy has the wheels built, just needs to tension them. It should be a roller by weeks end.

Attachments

• IMG_6674.jpeg
    IMG_6674.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 288
Wheels back, tires mounted and balanced. Still probably a full day of sorting out the little details then I can roll it out and run it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 292
Exhaust is done, it has spark. All of the lights work. It goes outside tomorrow for a test run mad final timing. Had to remove the mirrors to get thru the door. Had landed to paint tank and headlight Mini Cooper pepper white (cream) but I may just leave it green and get the lower Honda badge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 284
45exmayor, sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but what tires do you have there? They look like Michelins. I'm thinking of putting Duro HF319 on my scrambler, but Gazelles are next on my list.

Have fun on the maiden voyage. The bike looks great.

It looks super as is. Im sure even better once she hits the sunshine.

Most interested to hear your review of the muffler. I love em on the 360. They are nice deeper mellow-ish quieter sort of sound. Above 6000rpm they just ROAR-in the good way not ear splitting.

They are quiet enough I was doing about 25mph and had a woman step off a curb right in front of me. Didnt hear me coming. Scared us both half to death. But I had just enough time to brake and ease around past her.

45exmayor said:
Exhaust is done, it has spark. All of the lights work. It goes outside tomorrow for a test run mad final timing. Had to remove the mirrors to get thru the door. Had landed to paint tank and headlight Mini Cooper pepper white (cream) but I may just leave it green and get the lower Honda badge.

Did you use the stock front exh. headpipe that came w/ the 76' CB125 engine ?

Iatethepeach the tires are IRC NR 53's size 2.50 - 18. I was going to use Gazalles but the smallest size was 2.75. I amusing WM-0 alloy rims and the Michelins were going to be too wide.

trek. I looked at many solutions for the muffler and when I found the cone with baffles and a 1 ½ id and a 1" outlet it seemed perfect.

grcamna5. It is the stock '76 head pipe. It measures just 1/32 under 1 ½ inches and is a fairly tight slip for in the muffler. I picked up a tube of Wurth exhaust assembly paste. It is what the euro car guys use to seal their aftermarket exhaust. Goes on a little,thinner than toothpaste and cures with heat to finish the seal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 281
Good news, bad news. It started and runs ok. I think I need to bump up the advance a little. While riding it around the block, the rear brake fixing rod come loose at the hub and the brake rod wrapped itself around the hub breaking the activation cam for the brakes. I just ordered a new brake rod. Does anyone have the cam from a rear hub. Thanks, rick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    940.2 KB · Views: 259
hooray & sorry to hear bout the brake.

You can order it from My local honda shop for $13.51, 1971 CB100 part #14,
CAM, RR. BRAKE
43141-107-010

ship to your door.

http://www.sportlandmotorsports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2556923&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1971&fveh=132759

I have an 82' CB125S and looked for the 76' exh. from the CB125s'J' model which was made in 76' & 78'.
They have the best flow and largest i.d. for the stock pipe;I like the way mine flows w/ the 150cc big bore kit. I'm now looking for a good stock tank for the 82' and the carb.for the 78' model which I like the best.

Back
Top Bottom