'71 CB100/125 (the un scooter)

trek, thanks for the info. I use the cms parts explosion and it did not show that as a separate pRt from the backing plate. Just placed an order with sportland. They will be my new go to place. The local dealer here in Madison couldn't be bothered with parts for old bikes.

Sportland has never disappointed me. 99% of the time they have my stuff ready to pickup in two days or less.

Was the shipping charge reasonable? Did they charge you tax? Ive always wondered. I just pick up stuff on way home from work.

And most times they are cheaper than aftermarket or ebay. AND genuine Honda parts new in package.

Before and after pics. It followed me home about a year ago looking like that and including two large Rubbermaid tubs with the original 100 and an SL125 both non runners in pieces It has been a slow process but I have truly enjoyed bring it back to life and it appears that it will work out perfectly for me. I was surprised yesterday when my wife said "you need to find another project bike to tinker with". That will have to wait until next spring so I can obsess all winter on what to buy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 297
Well it looks great. But, please roll her out into the sunlight and get a good pic of her.

Did some tuning today. I had the clip in the center notch, I raised it one notch. The static timing was at the F. I added a little advance. Started right up with ½ choke. When the feR brake parts come I'll ride over to the tech park where there are quite streets and a couple of long hills Nd do some plug chops. It feels like I am fairly close but don't want to run it too fast with only a front brake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 300
45exmayor said:
Did some tuning today. I had the clip in the center notch, I raised it one notch. The static timing was at the F. I added a little advance. Started right up with ½ choke. When the feR brake parts come I'll ride over to the tech park where there are quite streets and a couple of long hills Nd do some plug chops. It feels like I am fairly close but don't want to run it too fast with only a front brake.

Yea man......that bike does look good........

Hope I'll be able to get mine up and going by spring again.

trek
The cm and rod arrived Saturday and I got them installed and made sure there was cotter Kenya or safety wire on everything. Did a 10 mile shake down ride yesterday. Still a little tuning work to do. Runs strong on take off and beyond ½ throttle but is a little flat at ¼ throttle. I need to get a couple of plugs and spend some time on the tech park road.
I have decided to keep,the green tank and spray the head light black to match the fenders. Sprayed the Honda wings black and mounted them. Ordered the Honda script for the tank off of eBay. I'll spray them black also.

Awesome bro! I was really hoping the parts met your expectations.

Everything sounds great. Keep us posted on the carb tune.

Since we only have a carport, I needed a cover and found this one on Amazon. $20 delivered. Seems to be decent quality and fits the bike really well. Should be a good winter cover for us in the northern areas. The bike will be stored inside in winter at a friends garage, but the cover will really help kep,it clan and dry during riding season.
I ordered the small size.

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/carcover/CC-6321_grid.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 281
Scribd- I've got a 70 CB100 been tinkering with; need to get some pics up, but horrible about documenting builds.

sleventynineR said:
Scribd- I've got a 70 CB100 been tinkering with; need to get some pics up, but horrible about documenting builds.

Don't feel bad......I'm the same way.......just put 'er out there, and you'll be surprised........!!!!!

Lots of great help on here.

sleventynineR said:

iatethepeach said:
Yeah, do it!

Do it........do it....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom