www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Scale model Ace  (Read 1228 times)

Offline HerbertD

Scale model Ace
« on: Jun 23, 2015, 11:30:41 »
Following the recent fitment of a full fairing to the ACE, I have been genuinely bowled over by the positive comments   of everybody who sees the bike, and I thought that it would be fun if I could replicate it in a model.

Scanning good old e-bay, there are a variety of Dream 50 models available, and I purchased one accordingly. It came from Japan and is really good quality, and although I haven't built a model for years,it's a good excuse to try again!

Building the fairing was abit of a challenge - Using my Primary school papier-mache skills and using a potato as a former, this is the result I got. It's not perfect, but it has a basic resemblance to the full size version.  It came me occupied for a while, and whilst my wife complained that I could be doing something useful like re-tiling the bathroom floor, I would rather be thinking about motorbikes! 
[pic][/pic]
[pic][/pic]
[pic]/pic]
[pic][/pic]
[pic][/pic]
Incidentally, on the real bike, I have now re-attached the front indicators as my first MOT will be coming up shortly. I didn't want to drill into the fairing, so have placed them discreetly off the windscreen. Although they are mini indicators, they are LED, so very bright.
[pic][/pic]

Offline Tad

Re: Scale model Ace
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2015, 12:20:37 »
Nice but I must say Mr, You have to much time on your hands. I suggest you go and tile the garage floor. (lol)

Offline ChrisBNE

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • The Growler
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2015, 21:11:45 »
using a potato as a former

haha, made me laugh

model looks great

Offline JP59

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 17:14:52 »
I have these to make at some point.
The silver one is the better buy as it comes with an HRC sprue. Ooo, Errr..