Scale model Ace

HerbertD

Following the recent fitment of a full fairing to the ACE, I have been genuinely bowled over by the positive comments of everybody who sees the bike, and I thought that it would be fun if I could replicate it in a model.

Scanning good old e-bay, there are a variety of Dream 50 models available, and I purchased one accordingly. It came from Japan and is really good quality, and although I haven't built a model for years,it's a good excuse to try again!

Building the fairing was abit of a challenge - Using my Primary school papier-mache skills and using a potato as a former, this is the result I got. It's not perfect, but it has a basic resemblance to the full size version. It came me occupied for a while, and whilst my wife complained that I could be doing something useful like re-tiling the bathroom floor, I would rather be thinking about motorbikes!
[pic][/pic]
[pic][/pic]
[pic]/pic]
[pic][/pic]
[pic][/pic]
Incidentally, on the real bike, I have now re-attached the front indicators as my first MOT will be coming up shortly. I didn't want to drill into the fairing, so have placed them discreetly off the windscreen. Although they are mini indicators, they are LED, so very bright.
[pic][/pic]

Nice but I must say Mr, You have to much time on your hands. I suggest you go and tile the garage floor. (lol)

I have these to make at some point.
The silver one is the better buy as it comes with an HRC sprue. Ooo, Errr..

Attachments

• d50.jpg
    d50.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 282
Back
Top Bottom