www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: cb 360 tracker project  (Read 4140 times)

Offline dries

Re: cb 360 tracker project
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2016, 08:36:36 »
Thx !

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2016, 08:37:52 »
Heres a few threads about most everything I know...which aint much.  So, good luck.  Let me know what recipe you come up with. 

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=63133.0

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38240.0

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=60728.0

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:23:43 »
Nice converted horse barn!!

If no front fender and I think it's entirely up to you if you like shit in yer face, but use the fender bracket to make a brace up... it can turn out cool and will take the deflection/wobble out some ans even knock half of the shit down.
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline dries

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:03:06 »
Front and rear fender are going to be installed, probably gonna shorten them in a little. Also considering putting same sized tires on the rims. A friend bought these and they are really looking great.

http://www.tirendo.be/
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2017, 10:49:53 by Tim »

Offline dries

« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2016, 18:10:24 »
almost there

Offline dries

« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2016, 18:11:53 »

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2016, 20:39:56 »
You need to compare rear shock travel w tire to frame hoop distance.  You don't want to get into a situation in which the tire hits the frame.

And consider installing hangers on the mufflers.

Black on the mufflers looks good.   8)
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 20:41:32 by trek97 »

Offline Zoltan

• Brooklyn
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2016, 03:11:39 »
That hoop is definitely going to hit your rear tire when going over a bump, especially with the spongy stock cb360 shocks. I've made the same mistake in the past. What happens when you're going 50 and you hit a bump and your rear wheel smashes into the hoop and comes to an instant stop = not much fun. I also made the same mistake of having a very slim seat with no cushion, your ass / back won't enjoy it after 30 minutes of riding.

These guys know there shit, I highly encourage you to take their advice very seriously! I was once where you are with my first build a cl360, and chose aesthetics over functionality.

Aesthetics should never take away from performance and safety. Did you rejet the carbs for those airfilters? If not you may experience some bogginess accelerating. There is also a thread on here somewhere explaining why cheap emgo air filters actually block air flow into the carbs, and you should really go with some k&ns or higher quality (even though they're more expensive).

Not trying to seem overly critical, just trying to save you some heartache I went through.

Good luck, the 360 is a great bike
70' Triumph T100c

Offline dries

« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2016, 04:06:49 »
Hi guys, thx for the advice.

For the space between my wheel and seat, I did not lower, just shorten it, do you think this is a prob? Will it be the same if I install thougher ones (any of you guys now which would be suitable?)

Cheers

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #19 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:19:34 »

I did not lower, just shorten it, do you think this is a prob?

Will it be the same if I install thougher ones (any of you guys now which would be suitable?)

You basically did lower it.  By shortening it w that hoop, you have removed about 1.5 inches of travel twixed tire and frame.

You "could" install stiffer shocks.  The problem is you are investing time, effort and $ into a bike that will be uncomfortable, unreliable and won't handle as well as it should.

This all adds up to a bike you won't enjoy riding. 

A bike you won't ride.

Early on I had purchased a pair of shocks for my 360 from DCC, I didnt consider at the time, they were stiffer.  They ended up in the dumpster and now I have custom Hagons built by davequinnmotorcycles.com . 
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 07:59:51 by trek97 »