Snapped Spokes. Different Wheel required.

dingo2107

Hello there fellow Ace riders,

Havnt posted on this forum yet. I have had my Skyteam for just under a year, and yesterday, one by one, my spokes started snapping and before i knew it my tyre was punctured. Pretty horrific experience (and noise). I notified Skyteam Perth about it and they can send me a new wheel for $225. I thought, before i make the decision of replacing the wheel with another stock item, why dont i look into other alternatives. I am after a fatter and thicker style for the rear to get that bobber style (definitely not everyone's cuppa-T, i know). I am happy to just get the stock rim and then replace the tyre with some shinko's or something, but i thought i would just put the feelers out there for any ideas....

Thankyou!

Here is what my bike looks like so far....

Attachments

• 11821825_904469486273040_1252268434_n(1).jpg
    11821825_904469486273040_1252268434_n(1).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 229
i have been looking around as well, mainly for upgrading the drum brakes to disk brake in the rear.. it looks like a lot of parts were borrowed from the honda cg125. and there is a huge aftermarket..

anyways, i came across this. not sure if it would fit, but looks close..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CG125-SR400-GN250-CAFE-RACER-OLD-SCHOOL-CHOPPER-BOBBER-CUSTOM-VINTAGE-Sawtooth-MOTOCYCLE-WHEELRIM-assembly-5/32348604191.html

nico

Did a quick photoshop to see what it would give on my ace.. looks kinda fun ;) although they would never fit.. (rear bridge is too small) 4" is maybe an option..

Attachments

• IMG_4946_bob.jpg
    IMG_4946_bob.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 245
This is the best image I could manage of what looks like a rear disc on the 50cc 2015 bike, would one of these wheels be any better than the drum brake one.
If the image is too small I can send a link to the dealer page on ebay.
8)

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,370
lancepar said:
This is the best image I could manage of what looks like a rear disc on the 50cc 2015 bike, would one of these wheels be any better than the drum brake one.
If the image is too small I can send a link to the dealer page on ebay.
8)

This is actually the 2011 ace concept bike, for the production version skyteam decided it would be to expensive...

Noticed the spokes on mine did have different tention. Some were really really tight. And others were loose. If you hit them, they should make the same ish sound. I suspect its the really really tight ones that breaks.

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

If you are in Australia, mostyn industries are advertising alloy rims and restring your center. Worth a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of the guys on the face book group is going to get his wheels re spoked with stainless spokes and get the details for others to be able to get them as well, but no idea on time line yet. its on my todo list next before i do any engine upgrades.
ill keep you posted when i know more.

Back
Top Bottom