Annual DO THE TON Get Togethers

haircuttergirl said:
I'm working on that ;)

Let's do it! Are you leaning towards Detroit or Montreal?
We can put together a show in Corktown in Detroit, with urban hooligan rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montreal would be cool too but the QPP are real douchebags to riders so everyone needs to be careful riding in and out of the city. I can get to mtl in one day too which is cool.

Being from Detroit, and with the vast majority of my family living there, I fully support a Detroit jawn.

It's a little far for most people, but there has been talk about gathering up near Kaladar Ontario where I have a spot out in the woods on a lake, in the middle of some great riding roads.

https://goo.gl/maps/4JE9BsJL5AH2

www.ridethehighlands.ca details the rides in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_20150806_185120 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20150806_185120 (Large).jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 422
We've got a few beds and room for tents.

Bedroom 1 - queen
Bedroom 2 - queen and queen loft (enough headroom to sleep 2 drunks if we can shove them up there)
Bedroom 3 - double bed and single bunk above

Then the bunkie I built would likely sleep 4-5 people.

So we've got some room to pack people in along with floor space and 2 couches for sleeping bags.

I mentioned Detroit/Windsor because it's a common point for Ontario, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and even Quebec. Even coming from Kentucky, Missouri, WV or Minnesota isn't that far on a bike.

Redwillis, all we need is a venu with camping near by and it could work. Timing around a bike show of some sort also can help.

I was thinking of an urban assault in Corktown with a bike show along Michigan Ave and drag racing behind the Train Station. Two James Distillery is also located there.

0b3f27e73eac07a305c82eadc7b9bca3.jpg
baf1ef1fd35446cb3e07ff72b8fdc785.jpg
9f34271aa551f7fd6321844bd845e10a.jpg
8a6fbe1f16246cfd53e88a9c46cebb70.jpg

May 24 weekend is the weekend of the Rust Revival Spring Thaw in the Red River Gorge of Kentucky.

It's also the first long weekend of the spring/summer and normally when I'm fixing whatever broke at the cottage over the winter (which is why I haven't been at the Spring Thaw for the last 2 years).

I'd be down for a Detroit area get together - super close. But so is Mid-Ohio in July - Lexington Ohio - 3 hours south of Detroit and only 6 hours from Toronto. I haven't made it there yet but would like to (largest swap meet). People already get together for that event.

Events/DTT get togethers I'm aware of:

Spring Thaw Bike Show & Swap Meet in Tennessee - March
Rust Revival Spring Thaw in Kentucky - May
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days in Ohio - July
Mama Tried/Barber/Ace Corner in Alabama - October

I think I have those right - perhaps we need another thread on this topic and I'll split the posts over to it.

Back
Top Bottom