Rear axle size?

bonester

I have a 2015 bike that requires a new rear wheel. My axle is 15mm in diameter but the received wheel seems to need a 12mm one. What size axle does your bike have? Might be important if you need a new rear wheel. :(

Hi Bonester,
Having just replaced both rear wheel bearings on my 2012 Ace , I can confirm that both the 6301 & 6201 bearings use the 12mm axle shaft so am very surprised to hear that you have a 15mm axle shaft instead. Maybe they have altered the spec on the latest bikes?

Why are you having to replace the rear wheel anyway?

HerbertD said:
Hi Bonester,
Having just replaced both rear wheel bearings on my 2012 Ace , I can confirm that both the 6301 & 6201 bearings use the 12mm axle shaft so am very surprised to hear that you have a 15mm axle shaft instead. Maybe they have altered the spec on the latest bikes?

Why are you having to replace the rear wheel anyway?

Rear brake drum is out of round. Pulsing rear brake. :(

ff447de8f0d262e774d274dc9253e0e8.jpg

Fires here are bad. From yesterday
21885c0ca5c64ec4184917634165d7df.jpg

Just for fun.. I know both are off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are the fires???? I saved your bike pic into my 'Skyteam Ace/ Honda Dream' folder of a million pictures. :)

fires are in south australia. nasty and at least three deaths , 16 homes lost and was and is a firestorm. 200km front. scary stuff. my son is fighting fires and many family members in direct path.. a little better today but still burning

Fire is now under control. 80 damaged homes , three deaths many injuries and livestock losses. Spread over 50km in first 40 mins. North of Adelaide just above gawler. . A lot if damage saved by our brave local and intestate firemen and police . A big thank you from our state and my family to these brave men and women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom