Beachcomber - time to quit

I don't think there will be any objection to you keeping us up to speed. Quite the opposite. There's nothing more annoying then knowing somethings amiss and not hearing a thing about it. We may not post it ever day but we're all pulling for you.

YES, definitely keep us up to speed.
I'm just as curious as to how your oil filter issue gets sorted out as the next guy ;)

Lets keep it going for a long time BC. Happy memories.

https://www.facebook.com/motoparadiso/videos/1634154753516510/

Weak in the knees... sometimes. Weak in the brain... Defiantly. Weak in the heart... Never!

Keep on rockin in the free world Beach... We look forward to the news as it's never all bad.

Sunshiny Days for ya Brother.

I now have the official reports from the interim tests done a few weeks ago.

Officially stage 3 [ of 5 ] - but appears to be stabilising with the new meds.

The full [ meaningful ] tests will be carried out June / July - I've always aspired to being a high acheiver ........... but in this instance I'm happy to stay at 3 rather than 5 !! ;)

BTW - the Vindicator has gone to pastures new - and unfortunately will NOT see the light of day as I intended, but the new owner has produced some stunning bikes ......................

That does mean there's the Grimeca 4LS [ Yam XS rear ] alloy rimmed / stainless spoke wheels up for grabs [ with tyres ].

Hey that's Good News!!

And sorta bad news :/
But think of all the cool stuff you're gonna build after you kick CKD's ass ;)

I'm off for a bit of R&R in Saxony at the beginning of June - priming myself for the main assessment which is now booked for July.

Due to the current situation I've had to put my place in Saxony on the market :'( and due to all sorts of local problems [ compulsory new mains sewage, road works - which I have to pay for ! ] it's having to be a bit of a "fire sale", but I do have a potential buyer. That will hopefully be finalised during my visit. I'll just about break even on the compulsory costs vs sale price - but, hey ho ............

Regular monitoring indicates a stabilising at "stage 3" which is a positive.

Side effects are now kicking in - extreme tiredness being the worse.

On a more positive note I am continuing limited work on the KZ Flat Tracker. If nothing else - if I can get it to a rolling chassis stage it will be more presentable to a potential new owner. Just leaves the Kay Fighter and spares to sell off.

Also work is continuing [ albeit slowly ] on the last "Tale".

Thanx to all for your PM's [ you know who you are. ] and public support - :)

beachcomber said:
Regular monitoring indicates a stabilising at "stage 3" which is a positive.

Side effects are now kicking in - extreme tiredness being the worse.

On a more positive note I am continuing limited work on the KZ Flat Tracker. If nothing else - if I can get it to a rolling chassis stage it will be more presentable to a potential new owner. Just leaves the Kay Fighter and spares to sell off.

Keeping fingers crossed ;)
And don't sell off everything. I'm gonna need a tour guide when I make it over that way for the Isle of Man TT.

Delighted to hear you have stabilized. Way ahead of the alternative. Sorry to hear you have to rebuild Saxony before you can sell your house. I've heard stories about what you can and can't do to houses. Maybe the tiredness is a blessing in disguise. It will keep you from thinking you can do more than your body wants to. Keep up the positive reports. They always brighten my day.

Red, Hoof thanx - your continued support is a real bonus in keeping my spirits up.

Hoof - the deal with Reichenau is that the sewage work is going ahead [ in next village and approaching fast ! ], I have neither the funds - or at the moment - interest to pay for that work [ compulsory ] which is likely to be north of 25K euros. And that doesn't take into account the cost of removal of the beautiful cobbled road and replacing with tarmac.

The potential buyer [ now 99.99999% deal ] will take over the house and all the associated costs for sewage, resurfacing, etc. AND pay all the legal fees and transaction costs - and bung me 10K euros in the back pocket. ;)

In all that package is worth some 50 - 60K Euros - or put another way about HALF what the house is worth !

My "German Dream" is not 100% over as the State property auctions still throw up gems of houses for 2 - 3K Euros. That's NOT a typo - 2 thousand - 3 thousand euros !!! :eek:

There just happens to be an auction in Dresden while I'm there, and there's a 5 bedroomed Villa in 1 acre of woodland with a private lake for just 3.5K euros.

The stretch of roadway that I have to pay for !!

Our Dream Saxony house.

You know you could get 5 or 8 dollars US for a single cobble stone here but the tonnage would be outlandish :-\

Hope it all works out in yer favor Beach... We all are pullin for that!

Good to hear that you are stabilizing, pity about the house though. Dresden is a beautiful city, a holiday home there wouldn't be so bad.

Brodie - that was one reason we bought the place 10 years ago - we're about 20kms North of Dresden, and yes Dresden is now [ no thanx to the RAF ] a beautiful and friendly city - I love it there.

One bonus [?? ] of the WW2 destruction is that the ruins remained just that until unification - the DDR did absolutely nothing, apart from clear up the rubble and put cordons round the unstable buildings.

When I first went there [ 12 years ago ] work was still ongoing and we saw the final stages of the rebuilding of the iconic Frauenkirche to it's former glory.

What that has meant is that the city character has been retained as it has largely been rebuilt to pre WW2 specs - wunderbar.

Thanx to some considerable cajoling from peeps of this parish - I now have the focus to get on with the KZ Tracker for as long as I'm able - and screw the results in July ! 8).

Everything else is going [ some already gone ], just leaving me with the Tracker as a swansong project.

When I get back from Germany [ mid June ], I'll be concentrating on getting the chassis to a rolling state - once I collect all the scattered parts ! Thanx to the kindness of people hereabouts - I have been gifted certain parts [ Thanx UK Mark ] and had the offer of fabrication skills from others.

Yep - one big happy Band of Brothers [ and Sisters ! ] - I sincerely thank one and all. ;D

pacomotorstuff said:
Let me know if there is anything from my product line that would work on your tracker and I'll send it over.
Pat

See what I mean - global kindness from folk I've never even met!

What can I say - thanx Pat.

Now then - about that "I used to be indecisive.........................."

While trolling through the boxes of stuff I need to sell I came across a brand new set of Tarrozi clip ons and rear-sets. Did I ever mention that I used to be a Cafe Racer ? The KZ could easilly take a swerve left into a Cafe Racer style - I even tripped over a spare 7R seat base. And there's always my original hand me down from the 60's.

Rolling chassis first guys ............................. and sincere thanx again Pat.

Back
Top Bottom