Skyteam Ace 315cc

Don

Hi, originally from Brisbane but now residing in the Philippines 9 years, not sure if the pics will upload.
my 315cc DOHC 6 speed Ace
Don

Attachments

• skyteam 315 002.JPG
    skyteam 315 002.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 533
  • skyteam 315 003.JPG
    skyteam 315 003.JPG
    405.4 KB · Views: 476
Hi Don,

Welcome aboard, and fair play for winning the biggest engine in the Ace award (So far) Loving the front brake as well. Please elaborate on your Ace's history as it sounds an interesting tale!

only the bare red frame, swingarm and bodywork Tank, seat, sidecovers and rear fender and tailight were retained. EVERYTHING else was replaced, Engine is Yamaha TTR250 with 315cc kit and Webcam camshafts, different carb also. the skinny front forks were replaced with 30mm units which are wider also to accept the modified CB450 front brake/hub, rear hub is local Honda unit with KTM dirtbike 2LS brake wider 18" alloy flanged rims with stainless spokes, and slightly wider tyres. my own exhaust, fork brace and steering damper fitted
Engine weighs 2kg more than the original Ace 125 engine, these engines with the big bore kit alone put out just under 30HP on the dyno, I can say without a doubt I'm getting more than this with the Webcams. it is unbelievable to ride.

yep when them cams come in about 4500 rpm, it takes off like a rocket, hit 2nd and the front wheel lifts slightly.

Don said:
the skinny front forks were replaced with 30mm units which are wider also to accept the modified CB450 front brake/hub …

Love what you've done with the front end; could you give me some details on forks used, triple clamps etc.?

Crazy

I´m rebuilding a Yamaha XTZ660 Tenere 1993 as a Tracker/Scrambler, and I´ve got my hands on a 92-93 parts bike with a good engine. It´s a 659cc single, but watercooled. How you all recon that would fit in the Ace frame? Any other pro´s and con´s?

50nas said:
How you all recon that would fit in the Ace frame? Any other pro´s and con´s?

The Tenere motor might be too tall to make it it fit and I doubt the frame could handle the extra weight and power without something giving way.

That, and the fact that the existing brakes are barely adequate for the 125!

But don't let my misgivings deter you if you really want to do this thing, but be sure to post photos of the project.

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom