How do you clean your bike

B541Niner said:
I wipe it down with a dirty shop towel every few months whether it needs it or not.

Same, although occasionally I can't find a dirty rag and have to use a new (old t-shirt).

Cheers

I use this stuff:

$_20.JPG

Just dilute it 10:1 in a spray bottle, spray it all over the bike and rinse it off. Its awesome.

This stuff is great...

Attachments

• WP_20160306_002.jpg
    WP_20160306_002.jpg
    1,013 KB · Views: 293
  • WP_20160306_003.jpg
    WP_20160306_003.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 271
Purple metal Polish on chrome and Mr Sheen everywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Nj732port said:
How about engine head fins with corrosion on them?
I just cut em off and sand it smooth. There is really no proven benefit to having fins. They are purely decorative

Had a friend who we lost for almost a year as he spent every waking moment that he wasn't working sanding the fins with wet and dry folded over an icypole stick.

We it was all done we had to say to him that it looked good. But really!

Today, get a Dremel and a life!

Sneikz said:
Had a friend who we lost for almost a year as he spent every waking moment that he wasn't working sanding the fins with wet and dry folded over an icypole stick.

We it was all done we had to say to him that it looked good. But really!

Today, get a Dremel and a life!

im thinking a long wire brush to scratch all the crappy scaling off and some high temp gloss black 8)

Nj732port said:
im thinking a long wire brush to scratch all the crappy scaling off and some high temp gloss black 8)

Bead blast works great and you don't have to sit there for 12 hours getting between all the fins. Gotta paint air cooled engine parts it's just silly not to

If you like the brushed look then a wire brush is great. I went that route on my RD. But I'm not a fan of painted motors either, and I don't mind the mild irregularities you can get with the wire brush. Otherwise go with a soda blast as it restores them basically.

Back
Top Bottom