1975 Honda CL360 Scrambler Build

pinebox

Hello everyone, been learching the site for a while now and thought it was time to start documenting my build.

It's been a hurry up and waiting process which i'm sure most of you know.

History:

Pick my Cl360 up about 6 months ago. I guess its been sitting in this guys living room for a couple years. I believe him because there was very little rust on this bike. It wasn't running and was having some points and carbs issues, pretty typical.

I have been tinkering with it trying to get the motor to run right. Learning a lot of these bikes and loving it. After sending my carbs over to CrazyPJ— which he did awesome BTW. I got the bike running. Now that it's running here is my game plan.

I live on a long gravel road and plan on using this to get to town and around gates to my local fishing holes.

Future Plans:
[X]New Tire - Dunlop K70 Vintage 4.00 x 18 front/back
[ ]modify front fender bracket to fit larger tire
[X]New Handle Bars
[X]New Grips
[ ]Motogadget Mini Control Buttons
[ ]Motogadget Unit
[ ]Motogadget m-button
[ ]Build electrical box
[ ]re-cushion the seat and thin it out a little
[ ] Install New Headlight and Mounts
[ ] Install 2.5" Black Mini MPH Speedometer/Tach
[ ] Rick's New Charging Kit - R/R & Stator
[ ] Antigravity Batteries AG-801 8-Cell
[ ] Install Pamco Electric Ignition

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 741
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 450
New Shoes

Photos of the new tires i put on by hand. Front rim is a little narrow and i most likely will get a wider rim in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 605
  • IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 442
Nice clean bike. Did the heat shields come w it?

Do what you want to it.

Thanks! Yes I do have the heat shield— however its missing the rear bolt mount from the exhaust. I think i'm gonna just float a metal bracket behind the exhaust and bolt it that way. I think i am going to get rid of the white exhaust wrap too, maybe paint it black so the chrome pops a little more.

I am kinda of in limbo right now— ditch the fat seat for something thinner and shorten it u, add a hoop. Or leave the stock seat and possible thin it down a little with some good memory foam.

Trimming fenders

I wanted to ditch the use black light and after doing that the rear fender was just too long for me.

I thought it came out already there a few extra mounting hole that I am hoping to cover up with a smaller break light. if you guys have found anything similar to what I'm looking for please share a link.

after driving around a little i really need to get that front fender remount, I need to extend it somehow. Time to learn how to weld cause i really hate eating mud! for now i mount the extra piece of the rear fender to the front with an "L" bracket, it'll do for now. But that support bracket is a must for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 553
JoePokorny said:
diggin it! good shit. keep up the good work!

Hey thanks a lot!

so i am waiting for my bike to get back from a local shop, should be tomorrow when i get it back.

in the mean time still waiting on a backorder for all my Motogadget stuff to come in from Germany. I am doing some pre-wiring for the new gauge(s) indicator lights and headlight wires that will go directly to the M-Unit. The plan is to make these wire hidden as much as possible and clean. I bought a male/female connector plug kit from Radio Shack but i am not too stoked on the quality and its not water proof.

I found this one on amazon but comes in a kit of 5. what do you guy think of this connector plug from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/uxcell%C2%AE-Cable-Connector-Waterproof-Electrical/dp/B00NQB9XJ4?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 61xJrux4FPL._SX522_.jpg
    61xJrux4FPL._SX522_.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,840
Those look pretty good, Amazon is hit or miss I find. But at $10 it's worth a shot. I could use something like that for a couple of my builds.

Good progress mate, love the high level exhaust system (you guys get as stock) and chopped guards. Chunky tyres should round off the look.

Phase II on my scrambler build might see a zorst modification ;)

Well been waiting for the bike to get back from the shop. Stopped in the right for before memorial weekend and we almost had it off the lift until the the kickstart lever broke. Having issues with it only firing off of in cylinder. One the carbs diaphragm little piston wasn't moving up and down, it was jammed!

Started working on the new handle bars and electrical system. It's looking so sexy can't waiting to get this bars and motogadget items on the bike!

cd4386b37b4ebb0fb5637f3d756e1cd6.jpg
76ea5e9bfd64dcc585d1427fe29f0f61.jpg
2b551efca6ff442cae29caccc2d68f55.jpg
f1149b9e771a83a511176310c0fed2a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Status update: Had some compression issues so I took it to a local shop. Fixed that issue with a little fine tuning. I had a pamco electric ignition that I was also having problems getting to work with the bike so I had them do that too and they could get it working either and broke the kick start. Ordered a new one for them and it sat for another month so tired of waiting I took it back from them. Got it running better and decided to get started on adding all my goodies.

Got the forks polished and looking good still need to seal the aluminum. Installed new gators, hesdlight / mount, new DM gauges. Also installed my Moto gadget m-unit.

At this point I have every running. Still seems to be running on only one cylinder can't get it figured out no how many times I set the timing. Seem like the left bank points keep moving. Sonic waiting for a response from pamco and ditch the points all together.

92b97376a50868c7c7c06ac5008a1f17.jpg
add5e4af7d5374d7267b602123dedd14.jpg
97cd68cf1cf99f60d58fc8578c9eaeef.jpg
cbdb1392b343b35e9094888ff4860029.jpg

Thanks El Barto, endless amount of work and waiting huh!?

Started cleaning up the wiring for the m-unit. Almost happy with it think I will wrap it again with some plastic mesh wire covering to take it up a notch. Also got gas in the painted tray and it stripped it. Gonna powder coat he frame so I'll add that do the parts getting painted.

Figure out the neutral light and a ground wire of the neutral switch needs to come up to the elf rival box and use a extra wire I put in the hardness just in case to the gauge with the indicator light.

Having issues with the clutch assembly popping. I think the after marker clutch lever is giving me the issue. Gonna cut off half an inch of the clutch cable shielding and see if that enough slack for it

478386d530b4805c3cd7cc8c43f3207e.jpg

6b20da255b3faa8b64aa6cfc396c32d6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom