1964 Triumph Thunderbird 650 Street Tracker project to be For Sale

Rear 1/3 of the wiring harness. White wire at right side goes to coils...

412666478.jpg

Middle 1/3 of wiring harness. White wire from left is power from main switch. Power takes off far side coil up to handlebar switch for lights.

412666479.jpg

I've got new plug wires, oil lines, 3 quarts of Castrol GTX 4T, fuel line and a few more bits, then it should be time for vroom-vroom sounds!

ALMOST done, just need to get a bit of fuel line, dump in some gas and start kicking. New Accell plug wires installed, found a pair of Lucas 12v coils, instead of the big fat Sibas.

412673259.jpg

I must have lost 5 pounds in sweat today, it's hot in that shop, even with the big Port-A-Cool going. Searching for the main oil tank outlet fitting is several places that are NOT in the "line of fire" of the fan is the pits. New Renthal grips and concentric carbs off one of the race bikes (for now)

412673261.jpg

Sweet little bike. Why not toss a set of guides in and freshen the head along with the valves tho?

Tune-A-Fish said:
Sweet little bike. Why not toss a set of guides in and freshen the head along with the valves tho?
The guides were in excellent shape. The valve stems were excellent, but the faces got sputtered. Since I had the new valves on the shelf "what the heck".

Had to tweak the sidecover to JUST clear the long velocity stack

412674932.jpg

Racing stacks may not stay with the bike, depending on how it runs.

412674931.jpg

Haven't seen "shemozzles" sp? for a long time. Those concentric velocity stacks were invented by a Triumph mechanic Jack Shemans for the Beezumph (BSA/Triumph) works triple racers.

http://www.triples.co.uk/articles/articles/jshe.htm for more info. I had forgotten how his name was spelled and it took me a few minutes to get the Google Fu flowing.

Yes, they're PROPER velocity stacks; tapered to the bore, not the cast opening where flow is disrupted.

Back
Top Bottom