'78 CB750 Electrical Redesign

kilosabi

Hello,

I'm Currently in the design phase of my Café/Brat Project

I'm attempting to draft a wiring diagram, derived from an original, I think, that will include the following components:

-Motogadget M-Unit
-Dynatek Dyna 2000 DDk 1-2C
-Rick's Rectifier/Regulator combo (or similar)

also
-Smallest Battery Possible (capable of running starter)
-Replacement Stator/Alternator/Generator (OE or Aftermarket)
-Replacement Starter or Starter Rebuilder
-Replacement 'Starter Magnetic Switch'

I haven't found a solution to the second half of my list

Attached is an original diagram and my working progress wiring Diagram

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I also should say I'm going to fit it all under a seat.

Thanks,
Kale

Attachments

• 1978 factory harness.jpg
    1978 factory harness.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    865 KB · Views: 261
So far, so good.

You'll need the clutch lever in to start it though. Is that what you want?

I think electrexworld.co.uk does a stator kit, starter, and reg/rec, and their products are top notch. I went with a motobatt 9Ah battery for my CB550 cafe project and it'll run the starter no prob and was small enough to relocate and hide in a new battery box mounted to the frame in front of the swingarm. I went away from the small lithium style batteries because of the trouble of keeping a nice steady voltage with the original charging system. If you go with the electrex stator kit, I think you could run without a battery, but not sure, I'd contact the company and check. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JustcallmeMrT said:
I think electrexworld.co.uk does a stator kit, starter, and reg/rec, and their products are top notch. I went with a motobatt 9Ah battery for my CB550 cafe project and it'll run the starter no prob and was small enough to relocate and hide in a new battery box mounted to the frame in front of the swingarm. I went away from the small lithium style batteries because of the trouble of keeping a nice steady voltage with the original charging system. If you go with the electrex stator kit, I think you could run without a battery, but not sure, I'd contact the company and check. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I looked into electrexworld and they did not have a stator kit that could support a starter.
unfortunately.

Rick's did have Rebuilt Stators and Rotors!

Sonreir said:
So far, so good.

You'll need the clutch lever in to start it though. Is that what you want?

I think I am going to do away with a Magnetic switch and just use a Rick's Starter Relay.

Back
Top Bottom