New member in Perth

To those of you that have done the cam upgrade, could you confirm if I need the cam with a groove for a retaining C-clip, i.e. Ressalto WGK1010851 or WGK1010871 without a groove. Hope I got that correct and didn't mix the numbers/(no)groove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5e347af35053087718d8e485360ca48a.jpg

Well I'm trying but at this stage it feels like I'm going 1x step forward and 3x back...
Changed the front brake pads okay tonight. Will need to do some research before I change the brake hose as brake fluid is nasty stuff and you have to do that job right for safety reasons.
Next had a go at mock fitting the Molkt carb and air filter. Filter fouls the frame so will need a different type. Wasn't too impressed with the inlet manifold. Mating between it and the carb on one end and the head on the other isn't exactly smooth. No point in gas flowing the head if the rest of the inlet track is substandard. Also points the carb at an angle rather than straight back. Anyone know of other options for the manifold?
Also had a go at repositioning the battery with the OORacing battery box kit but soon realised I need a smaller battery, so reassembled all the old stuff again. Bit of a spark when reconnecting the battery but didn't think too much about it. Carried on working and put everything all back together.
Problem is that when trying to start it at the end, no electrical power. Turns out I had put the battery in back to front and reconnected the terminals incorrectly... Swapped them over but still dead. Battery shows 12-13V so will need to consult the manual to see if there is a main fuse that has blown. If not it may be more terminal.
Tomorrow is another day...

Th se are taken down the throat of carby. Smooth transition through to valve

Light source is through valve opening, no valve fitted to head . It is upside down

That inlet track looks great. Makes you want to remove the biggest restriction left which is the choke flap. Maybe even modify it by using a thinner plate and spot welding it to a thinner pin. Not sure if this is your race setup or for street use?

Have printed the electrical diagram and will have to check every connection and fuse on my bike tonight. Not sure how many of the parts are sensitive to polarity changes? Will be well happy if I can just get it back to life tonight. Depressed if not...

I would remove choke but it likes choke in the cold . Race and road are the same setup apart from minor jet change due to exhaust baffle fitted for road. Makes only a small difference to horsepower

+ choke can be a hand tool to figure out mixture problems at top end

You're right, again.
PS: The new exhaust is a little louder than expected as you had warned. Will have to pack it with something to see if that tones it down a bit.

Most bike shops sell fiberglass wadding. I used mcs branded wadding in a sheet not loose pack. Tie it on with wire or masking tape around the cage.

Back
Top Bottom