Skyteam Ace R (New Member)

Michiel

Hi guys and girls,

I live in Holland the Netherlands and two weeks ago I ordered a Skyteam Ace R (the black one).

Very excited to receive it and also I hope the build quality is okay. I know I should not believe everything written on the internet but I read some mixed stories about this build quality. I hope you guys and girls can take away my worries?

Will try to keep it rust free by only driving on dry roads on sunny days and always store it in a warm garage.

The delivery will probably take place somewhere next week.

Welcome. A lovely looking machine. As with most things in this life, treat it well and you'll be rewarded in spades. A wealth of knowledge exists here. Remember you're not buying the top of the line motorcycle. But value for money lives here with relatively cheap mods. This is the greatest pleasure.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi Michiel

The key build quality things to be aware of at delivery time are here....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USvziYIyzfyxfZA1YYpQf9eP4djb0GLWbvWcmME88Gk/edit#gid=1019966137

The dealers don't seem to have the torque settings for the bike, but there are copies of the factory settings here, that you can give them

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USvziYIyzfyxfZA1YYpQf9eP4djb0GLWbvWcmME88Gk/edit#gid=230050893

Cheers
Richard

Thanks all for the replies! I hope indeed all will go well. I will be keeping the bike original is my plan; maybe only the sticker set will be changed to colorful graphics, the exhaust for greater sound which I have right now and maybe some different bar end mirrors will do the trick for me.

@2B I will look into the documents; thanks for them! Great to see these are so detailed.

@Sneikz I enjoyed the pictures of your bike as well! love the sticker set. Are the old stickers difficult to remove?

Furthermore I have been driving 40 year old Honda's the last 15 years so this new bike could be a thrill to ride for me. The 4 stroke machines I have been driving these last years are very crude but I always enjoyed them.

Also I love the activity on this forum. Love to see so many people are happy about their Skyteam Ace bikes.

I guess this is one of the reasons why the decission buying one of these bikes was easier for me.

Don't forget to show some pics when to hand.
Mine never had the decal when I purchased it second hand, however word on the forum is that they are easily removed. Just do not use anything sharper than your finger nail!

Heat from a hair-dryer helps if they're stubborn!

But they are very easy to remove unless they have much improved in recent times.

Crazy

Thanks guys! And I will post pictures when it arrives and also will do a walk around video and will post it on YouTube. I could not find a single piece of footage on YouTube of the Ace R version.

Cheers!

I picked up the bike today. Original plan was to get it delivered home next week, but with the beautiful weather I thought it was worth to ride the 110KM home and break in the engine a bit.

Lovely drive; moves like a 'Dream' :).

Can't wait for the next drive.

How do I insert pictures here? All I see is IMG IMG. And I can only add one attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20160917_153812871.jpg
    IMG_20160917_153812871.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 287
Mate!!!! Stop teasing us. Get out there and click away! Link to third party album for volume pics.
Please tell us about the rear shock (at 100kg I need to do something) I know loosing weight would be cheapest option, but just in case I need a plan B.

Today I will go for a ride again and see if I can make some more pictures.

The rear shock are the standard Ace R shocks (gas shocks?). Should hold 100KGs ;-).

I found out that the handle bar is different for the Ace R as well; it's black and bend.

Underneath some pictures from a place where I paused during the ride home yesterday.

And one taken of the balcony of a friend where I got a cup of coffee after the drive.

Attachments

• IMG_20160917_174242994.jpg
    IMG_20160917_174242994.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 257
I really like the front fairing, does anyone know If this is something that can be purchased and fitted to a standard Ace?

Yes. Purchased one a fortnight ago. Perfect fit. Check my links

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Good day all,

So with almost 300km on the dials, I can say I love the drive. As Sneikz explains it is so simple and plain and feels almost like riding a classic bike.

Also people passer-by's address me about the bike. That's also fun.

Some things that need attention will be fixed at the first service maintenance checkup.
- Rear signal lights did work but don't anymore (looks like a voltage thing; lamp burned black).
- Right rear signal light orange plastic fell off during ride; the shop will deliver a new one.
- Rear gear looks crooked (moves left right according to a mate who drove behind me).
- The speed dial cable fell of the dial several times; I fixed this myself by applying lock tide.

So minor things which will be fixed by the supplier and won't spoil the fun!

Also one thing I find less attractive is the sound (actually noise). Revving the engine to 2000 RPM is okay; it makes the typical dark deep throaty 4stroke sound. But then revving up and speeding up from there the typical 4stroke sound disappears and makes place for a bit of a high crying whimpering sound with different sound mixing up the noises.

Attachments

• IMG-20160920-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20160920-WA0003.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 219
Back
Top Bottom