Recommendations for rear view cam please?

Khaos

Cafe Racer in Cardiff, Wales
I want to go a little hi-tech on my bike, I'm looking at rear-view camera systems. The mirror that's on the bike is pretty - but totally ineffective, and although I've got bar-end mirrors on order I can't see them giving fantastic visibility. And yes - I do "life savers" before changing lane, pulling out, etc - but with chronic arthritis and rheumatism damn it hurts, sometimes! - so a camera may well be the way to go.

There are plenty of systems out there, I don't need it to be wireless, I'd rather it used a dedicated waterproof monitor rather than a smartphone. Power from the bike's 12v will be fine (I'm midway through upgrading the crap battery box to allow a better battery). Past that, what's out there? Any recommendations gratefully appreciated - also, any dire warnings about systems to avoid would be useful.

Interesting idea, did you make a decision yet? I would think the camera would vibrate like crazy and the video would be to shaky. If you have access to a gopro or something similar try mounting that like you would the small camera and take a look at the recorded video to see if the quality is good enough.

I've read online that there are helmets with with built in rear view camera and heads up display on the visor. I'm sure they are $$$ but if you can't turn your head this could help save your life.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom