RD350?

cxman

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
we are starting to clean up and sell off some of what we will never get around to

here is a rd 350 sn 351-215746 matching numbers it has not seen the light of day since 82-83

a few hours after the pics and with a carb clean a points clean and a battery it ran off my premix tank and sounds good

so the questions i have for the experts what year is it

what is it worth now that i know it runs

do i do a full cleanup ? and put tires and a battery or will that just be a waste

http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/murrayfeldman/library/rd350?sort=3&page=1

i can take it to barbers in the spring i guess

any thoughts would be helpful

thanks

'73 burgundy with white stripes,'74 deep purple, '75 tomato soup orange. Otherwise they are pretty much identical.

http://www.cyclerestorer.com/pages/show_man_serial_num.php?sort_field=4&manufacturer=Yamaha

'74, and how much?

As it sits, value is tough. It's going to take a pile of cash to restore it and only a slightly smaller pile to just make it all right for riding.

the tank side cover and oil tank are good

i am not going to part it as well as i runs that would be silly

i am not trying to sell it here i am just trying to get an idea of value and confirm the year so i can get the title

send me a pm of the parts you need i have a few hulks i can looks at and see if they have anything you can use

coffee guy pick me a up a few i will come get them

i have paypal its ready

I don't think he's that far off based on the current condition and lack of title. Only thing worth saving is the engine and frame from the looks of your pictures.

Doubt you'll get someone interested in restoring because its pretty far gone. That leaves you with someone who wants to build a custom of some sort, and that limits you.

Picked up my untitled Suzuki T500 that was in very similar condition as yours for about $500, and those two bikes seem to sell for around the same $$ around here.
Heck, i even saw a rusted out H1 not too long ago around here and he was only asking $450. It didn't last long.

You get a title for it, and that'll increase the value for sure, but a title will cost you a couple hundred dollars.

Here's one on eBay. Currently sitting at $400. Includes title.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291988373341

i got it inspected yesterday (free) so now i get the bond (50)

and will have the title in 3 weeks that is not that big a deal in nc

last one i pulled out was the same ish i didnt even clean it or do more than check the motor turned over and had compression

and i got 750 for it so i am glad i dont live near you guys also the guy drove 4 hours o come get it

Sbaugz if you ever see another t500 you domt buy pls call me i will

ps the one on ebay that has over 2 days left has a seized motor NOT running like mine

the title will double the value of it for sure. You should keep it! they are getting harder to find.

I bought a near perfect but dusty and dry GT550 for 500 last spring cleaned it all up replaced all bad shit with NOS and completer OE carb bank rebuild or replace of parts and new NOS petcock (thanks Hurco) and sold for 2600 with maybe 25 hours in it.

I would say sell it as is with title for 6-800 bucks and be happy, otherwise it needs a whole lotta performance parts to sell for much over 2500... then you have to donate the hours because at 75 bucks an hour its like water in an hour glass.

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom