Happy Kings Day!

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
Tonight is Twelfth Night/Kings Day, the official end of the Christmas season.
Which means it's also the official start of Carnival Season!
22CarnivalSeason-NewOrleansEvents-4fb0ef0e.jpeg

Today will be celebrated with King Cake parties. And kicks off all the Carnival Krewe Balls, and eventually the parades.
Hope y'all are having fun wear y'all are at ;)

clem said:
Well I showed up this morning and no king cakes at work!!! Where is a good salesman when you need one?[/URL]

OK, I'm in. If I give somebody my address can I get a King Cake delivered? Gulfport is just up the road, right?

Happy whatever the hell holiday it is you Cajun folk are using for an excuse to eat and drink too much! ;)

Clem, work bought two of them, but the warehouse guys devoured both of them before any of the drivers got back. Bastards.

Solo, you're in Gulfport? You're close enough, you might be able to find them there. If not, gimme a holler and I'll get you one. Maybe meet in Slidell ;)

Von, you know how it is... any day that ends in a "Y" :p

Redbird said:
Clem, work bought two of them, but the warehouse guys devoured both of them before any of the drivers got back. Bastards.

Solo, you're in Gulfport? You're close enough, you might be able to find them there. If not, gimme a holler and I'll get you one. Maybe meet in Slidell ;)

Von, you know how it is... any day that ends in a "Y" :p

Helly ya buddy. Next one's on me.

Redbird said:

Thanx man. Do you know where the SeaBee Base is in Gulfport? That's where we are until March. Actually I can just run to a grocery store here and get one, I was just jumping into the thread being a temporary resident of the area and all. You, sir, are a King yourself for making the offer. ;D Yesterdays weather was so crappy, though, delivery would have been nice. At least it stopped raining but now the cold; it was down to 23 over night and when I had the dogs out at 6:30 the temp was 26 w/ a 14 wind chill. Sheesh, I left Ohio to escape this! At least it doesn't last long.

ridesolo said:
Thanx man. Do you know where the SeaBee Base is in Gulfport?
You, sir, are a King yourself for making the offer. ;D
I do know where the SeaBee base is :)
If y'all are going to be around 'til March, maybe we'll have to catch up sometime.

And no problem on the offer. They don't cost that much, and the delivery is "any excuse to get on the bike and ride" :p

Redbird said:
I do know where the SeaBee base is :)
If y'all are going to be around 'til March, maybe we'll have to catch up sometime.

And no problem on the offer. They don't cost that much, and the delivery is "any excuse to get on the bike and ride" :p

Sounds good. If you are going to be in the area let me know and I'll give you my cell number. Cory

This afternoon I pulled a float in one of the Gulfport Mardi Gras Parades. Will be doing it again on Tuesday evening. Good fun.

Yup, there he is...

Awesome :)
I got invited to drive a (decommissioned) Fire Truck in one of the upcoming St. Patricks parades. It'll be full of drunkin Irishman too :p
I'm kinda stoked about it since I've never driven in a parade before :)

Redbird said:
Awesome :)
I got invited to drive a (decommissioned) Fire Truck in one of the upcoming St. Patricks parades. It'll be full of drunkin Irishman too :p
I'm kinda stoked about it since I've never driven in a parade before :)

You'll have a great time. I was pretty careful to be really smooth so I didn't spill any of the drunks on the float and did lots of "turn very wide on the corners" and "ride the brake" for 30 to 45 minutes, but I THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching all the people in the crowd enjoying themselves. (For those unaware, Mardi Gras along the Gulf Coast is very family friendly, unlike the reputed wild times in NOLA. It was great watching the kids.)

Back
Top Bottom