1979 GS750 Turn Signals

ApacheAv8tor

Hey guys, I'm new and I want to make small changes to my 750 over time and then I will tear it down and bring it back up at a later date. I want to start with the turn signals. What looks good on a Suzuki 750? Also, can I keep the rear tail light and fairing but with a modified cafe/brat style seat? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

anything looks better than the stock turn signals - soup bowls on a stick - fecking hideous
go for a trawl on ebay and choose from many many different ones, be aware if you go for LED ones, you'll need to modify the wiring with resistors to get them flashing correctly, I use 1 x 100W resistor per side wired in parallel with the indicator circuit
as for the seat you might be able to use the stock seat base (main advantage is it will fit first time and line up with the existing rear end stuff. either cut down the foam and redo the cover or take a photo from the side and photoshop the shape you want onto the pic and get it professionally recovered (more expensive but neater and easier)

You can buy an LED flasher relay for less than you'll spend on resistors / heatshrink. Then you can run whatever indicators you want.

hillsy said:
You can buy an LED flasher relay for less than you'll spend on resistors / heatshrink. Then you can run whatever indicators you want.

silly me, I forgot about them, I can't use one on the Vmax due to the interesting method mr Yamaha used to run the circuitry (the flasher module is joined to one of the ignition modules...)

quick ebay search gives this including universal types (2 or 3 pin types depending on what you need)

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Motorcycle-Parts/14780/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=led+flasher+relay&_sop=15

79 should still have been a points year, if my memory is correct. You might be thinking of the turn signal control unit which was used as a canceller. You can pull that whole unit out, if you want.

Back
Top Bottom