Help with rear signals!

erbz76cb360

Hello i recently got my first bike. Its a 76 cb360. The po never finished this project so i figured id take it off his hands. At the moment im just trying to get it pass a safety inspection here in Canada. I have little to no knowledge of wiring so i figured id tackle that first. I got myself a repair manual for it and am trying to find all the correct wiring for the rear signals but im having some trouble finding the correct ones. Im supposed to have a light blue wire for the right signal and orange for the rear but i have no power to the orange and cant locate the light blue. Please help

This is the problem

Attachments

• 20170220_144810.jpg
    20170220_144810.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 192
That's the light blue wire with the black lead plugged into it.

Check you're getting power at the relay, then the handlebar switch.

erbz76cb360 said:
Why is thelight blue wire connected to the black wire?

Do you have the wiring diagram for your bike? The black and light blue wires shouldn't be connected like that.

The thing in your last photo is a voltage regulator.

erbz76cb360 said:
What is this things purpose

That's the voltage regulator. It bleeds off the extra electricity producedd by the alternator that your light bulbs don't burn out.

The light blue wire should not be plugged into the black wire of the regulator. All colors will match up, with the possible exception of some of the turn signals. Some of the turn signals (rear only, I think?) had black wires instead of a light blue or an orange.

Get a schematic soon and find a friend who can help. Wiring on these bikes is dead simple and with a map makes it simpler.

Sonreir™ said:
. All colors will match up, with the possible exception of some of the turn signals. Some of the turn signals (rear only, I think?) had black wires instead of a light blue or an orange.

This -- although the black turn signal wires usually also have a small band of either orange or blue close to the connector as well, and some front turn signals were black wires with colored bands too.

Alright. So i got the rear turnsignals to turn on but they wont flash. When i signal left the left turns off and right turns off when signaling right. Wiring wrong on flasher? Do i need a 2 terminal or a 3?

Attachments

• 20170221_205257.jpg
    20170221_205257.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
What type of indicators are you using? Normally when they stay on / dont flash it's because there is not enough load to trigger the relay (IE: you've disconnected the fronts or are using LED bulbs)

erbz76cb360 said:
I have one. There is no power on the green or gray

Green is ground, so you should never see power on that wire unless things are seriously screwed.

Gray will only have power if the other side of the flasher is hooked up to a power wire (e.g. black).

Back
Top Bottom