Beelzebub

Hi, just bought a skyteam ace 125 for me first bike and I have been flicking through this forum and all the tips & tricks on here brilliant, and seems like a good community, about to get do the EGR and over time a lot more. I'm based in London & Maidstone but I look forward to some good advice coming from veteran ace owners, thanks.

Greetings Beezlebub, welcome here! Good choice on a first bike/project; there is a ton of info on here that's geared specifically to the Ace.
Good to have you aboard!

Welcome to the 'Ace' crew!

Your name has been added to the owners list: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55426.msg856257#msg856257

Crazy

Gidday Beelzebub and welcome!

I've placed you at Maidstone on the map.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kd4aDzNxu0a6FFNVvIUlHGkvm2s&usp=sharing

hi, can anyone help, frustrating mixture problem, i think.

tried to put in the oo racing jet kit and couldn't get the bike to run right. ok at up to half throttle, about 4500rpm then misfired and wouldn't pull at all, and on throttle back would cut out rather than idle :eek:.

decided to go back to the original needles but with exactly the same results. revs to about 5-6000rpm this time misfires and on throttle back still cuts out :eek: :eek:.

have spent all day going round in circles, rich, lean, in between and back again

did take out the internal slow running needle inside float bowl to check and clean and may have miscounted turns of the needle. does anyone know the rough factory settings for that thought i counted two turns but could have been 1.5 or even 2.5 arrrgh :-[.

needs choke to start then choke off and runs at idle of 1450rpm give or take 50 rpm (i'm using a digital inductive tacho), using 3.5 turns on idle screw on side of carb and 2 on the fuel jet on the bottom of the carb but think that the miscount on the internal idle screw may be the cause of my troubles.

i have the skyteam decat pipe on and egr delete, they went on before the jet attempt and i was running up to about 55mph so was well pleased, now i seem to have well and truly bu****ed things up :-[

any help would be greatly appreciated, as i was running great before and am now going better backwards :eek:

Maybe you have an airleak somewhere. Did you plug the inlet manifold fitting after you removed the EGR ?

Sounds like dirty carb. You only needs the smallest particle of dirt to cause a problem.
Get a can of air, clean table with old white sheet and go to it.

My son had a problem with a Honda outboard. A three cylinder four stroke with independent carbs. Misfiring lack of power, etc etc. A mechanic told him it was rings or burnt valves. He was distraught. I started and choked the bad cylinder by hand. Off she went. I stripped the carbie and got the tiniest piece of grit, a bit smaller than the dot on top of the letter "i". That's all it took. My son could not believe it. Resembled and bang! Runs like a bought one. It ran a filter and can only guess it snuck in when a fuel line was removed between filter and carb. You can't be too clean when dealing with carbies.

Hmm... Sneikz response made me remember about the "$2.98 Tuneup" we used to do on our offroad race car.

Take the airfilter off & bunch a rag up tightly in your hand. Open the throttle fully & when the revs get into the upper 1/3 of the RPM's cover the mouth of the carb with the rag. The engine will splutter & begin to choke, then just before it dies remove the rag & allow it to cough back to life. As the revs rise... do it again.

This applies all the vacuum the engine can develop to all the little airways & fuel passages in the carb, and can help clean out little bits of trapped dirt.

Back
Top Bottom