www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Hello gentlemen  (Read 7018 times)

Offline r4g5

Re: Hello gentlemen
« Reply #20 on: Sep 18, 2017, 15:10:35 »
Don't speak too soon on the spoke front. Found one broken @10500km. Though I am over the 100kg mark.

Fitted the "go fast" red levers. Next job will be fitting the 37 tooth rear sprocket.
Cool, so hopefully nothing to worry about for another 10000km   got the service coming up so will go with a list of stuff I want torqued and checked...going through the dealer so I can keep the warranty intact.
Had my a2 test yesterday and passed no problem so will be able to legally go out on the roads now and open her up a bit once the paperwork comes through. They don't have L or P plates here so basically you have to pass the test before you can go out and practise kinda thing, strange. Much like the British test, mod 1 short circuit, slow speed manoeuvres and then out on the road followed by the examiner...
anyway, thanks for the input crazy and sneikz

Offline r4g5

« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2017, 09:49:45 »
Got an airpod for tinkering with, exhaust and iridium plug should have arrived already too, and tried it straight out the box...way way to much air so the usual spluttering and stalling.
Remember seeing a YouTube video so gave the ideas in that a quick try...basically cut the rubber boot where the the little air pipe intakes in the carb are and inserted a plastic restricter pipe (about an inch wide strip from a Pepsi bottle 😉) and fitted it...through sheer  dumb luck it works amazingly well. Idle/mid/full are all much better than stock.
I realise that the main reason for the pod is more air and fuel and therefore more power so it's kinda defeating the purpose but it sounds and goes much better than before.
Can't for the live of me track down an 18mm spark plug socket so can't check the plug as of yet so holding off saying it's a success but maybe worth a try if you want a pod without rejetting etc
Found this topic very useful, especially Scott Fury...5 comments down
http://thebikeshed.cc/forums/threads/1808-CG-125-Rejetting

Offline r4g5

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2017, 03:48:29 »
Hey guys, had a productive weekend, service time...turns out the place I needed to go for the service was miles away so decided to get my hands dirty.
Changed the oil, and adjusted/lubed the chain, put a bigger cam into the throttle housing so it's about 1/4 turn now and put a small washer under the needle in the carb to richen it up a tad (was bogging slightly from about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle).
Got a couple of questions about the valve clearance if anyone can help. Looked everywhere on line...got my info and tools together
Found the f mark follows by t mark like in the picture (not my bike)

But it was completely wrong tdc eventually found the correct one with the other methods on the net...
My question, most sites say cg125 engine should be 0.08mm and that's what I used....is it correct? Or is 0.05mm better for the Chinese made engines?
Bike is running well, tappit noise is no worse than before but don't want to damage the engine.
Thanks paul

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2017, 05:03:05 »
… is it correct?

I've had no trouble by using: intake 0.1mm (0.004˝), exhaust 0.15mm (0.006˝). For correct TDC inlet valve should be closing as piston rises.

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline r4g5

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2017, 05:27:16 »
Cheers my man, only have Sundays free to tinker so I'll pull it apart next week and use those clearances

Sent from my SM-N910C using DO THE TON mobile app

Offline r4g5

« Reply #25 on: Oct 28, 2017, 12:49:16 »
Was at the right tdc last time, used the screwdriver in the sparkplug hint this time around and it really helped visualise what was happening in the engine. Don't know if everyone's is the same but on my crank there is the f t mark at the exhaust fire tdc but then at the inlet side there are two vertical lines  followed by the fire and tdc mark...so easy to check next time.
Got so many parts waiting to go on but so little time...an hour of sunlight after work and Sunday free so hopefully next weekend I'll put on the new metzlers, and front (ferodo eco friction)  and rear (ebc) brakes.
Want to get her grippy before the snow 😁

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using DO THE TON mobile app

Offline r4g5

« Reply #26 on: Nov 04, 2017, 13:55:43 »
Been a happily busy day, finished work early so got the new brakes on

And got the new wheels on (they put the front one on with the rotation the wrong way but only £2 so I'll go back and get them to flip it as soon as possible).

So that frees up tomorrow...got a new cg 125 exhaust but it just won't fit (not bent enough at the header) so I'm going to try and cut the stock one at a wide enough part so I can cut the new one and slip it inside, seal it up and cover it all up with exhaust wrap
Also a good wash, she got that dirty just from riding to work this morning in the rain 🤔

Offline r4g5

« Reply #27 on: Nov 05, 2017, 14:40:24 »
Good news and bad news about the brakes, can actually feel them stopping me now, much much better...bad news is that the petrol leaks out the cap when I brake now as well as when I tilt the bike
Got on with the exhaust today. Dug this out of the stock header end
Cut the new one and managed to persuade it into the stock about 2 inches...pretty solid

Modified the bracket with the tapometer and sealed it up with some 'liquid steel' epoxy...found out after that someone we know has a welder so might use that if it starts to come apart...and wrap

Also chucked in a generic CDI i got from AliExpress. She seems to be much more eager to go now, ignition is much faster and she's a wee bit louder but not deafening so all in all a pretty good weekend.
Got new shorty mudguards coming so when I fit them I'll have another go at the fork caps and going to try to get some sheet aluminium to make some new side panels, chain guard and under seat tray...love the little ace
Paul

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #28 on: Nov 05, 2017, 15:47:59 »
… love the little ace

They're more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline r4g5

« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2017, 03:35:35 »
They're more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Crazy
They certainly are...had my three year old handing me sockets and the dog generally getting in the way, takes me back to when I was a young pup