www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Hello gentlemen  (Read 2737 times)

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
Re: Hello gentlemen
« Reply #30 on: Nov 06, 2017, 15:35:18 »
I have to say again, that is a classy looking motorcycle.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline r4g5

« Reply #31 on: Nov 07, 2017, 06:11:55 »
Rushed home at lunch time, tyre off, switched and back on and a quick wash...then the postie came with the new petrol cap...quick tilt test at about 45 degrees and no leakage so seems to have done the trick and, IMHO, looks good

Was 9 American from AliExpress, happy to pass along the store details if anyone is interested drop me a line, will test it better when I need petrol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using DO THE TON mobile app

Offline yalink

« Reply #32 on: Nov 11, 2017, 08:17:47 »
Hi lads. I've just became a member and I have a problem with my ace. It never starts on first try. This is my first bike and I love it but it frustrates me a lot because of this issue. I have to try at least 7 times to make engine start. And it is like that every time I kill the engine. Doesn't matter if the engine is hot or not. For example, after a 50km ride, I stopped for gas yesterday. Then engine didn't start for 9 times. I bought it 4 months ago and took it to service cause bike has 2-year guarantee, but they didn't help either. Cause people never works free in Turkey. Anyway, one of my friend suggested to cancel the EGR system. What do you suggest? Is it a common problem or just me having this trouble?

Offline r4g5

« Reply #33 on: Nov 11, 2017, 08:41:32 »
Mine started pretty easy even with the egr but most take the egr off anyway to help the engine breath better. It sounds electrical and the easiest thing to check would be the spark plug/gap or try a new plug in there they are pretty cheap

Offline r4g5

« Reply #34 on: Nov 12, 2017, 12:24:58 »
Managed to get some 2m X 1m of 2mm aluminium so been playing around with that all day...finally defeated by the darkness.

Decided to move the ignition to in readiness of a bunch of switches/leds that are coming from China...removed the idiot lights too cos they were always full of water and generally lied all the time, especially that little green one

Made a little battery box and a under tank tray to hold all the electrics...plan on covering her back up with some aluminium side panels but want to get some practise in first...difficult working like this

Under tank tray

All done for today...
Shorty mudguards should arrive tomorrow so will tidy the back end then...then to use up the aluminium doing to make a seat tray, chain guard and the side panels

Offline r4g5

« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2017, 03:31:50 »
Got the shorty guard on, not finalised yet, still need the bike for daily use so kinda piecemeal (and rain forecast for the weekend)

Indicators will be moved to a license plate bracket and I'll put a spacer between the rear guard/frame. Good news is that I managed to talk the wife into allowing me to get a Dremel (in exchange for building the bairn a doll's house) so I should be able to get some better results with the aluminium sheeting.

Offline orrible-64

Hello gentlemen
« Reply #36 on: Nov 18, 2017, 16:49:19 »
Looking good. Like your guards. You will find your dremel a handy tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r4g5

« Reply #37 on: Nov 21, 2017, 12:56:40 »
Hey orrible, guards were 35 American from AliExpress, they are pretty well made, didn't want to chop the originals in case I want to go back and I wouldn't have been able to roll the edges. Bike seems a lot faster when you can see the front tyre instead of it being hidden under the guard 😀

Offline r4g5

« Reply #38 on: Today at 03:39:44 »
Happy new year to everyone, been a very busy boy, unfortunately not so much on the bike...doll's houses and balance bikes.
Got a few days off work now, but the weather has turned to cold so progress is slow. Thought I'd tidy up the front controls. Ordered a load of stuff from China a while back. Had grand plans for a rectangular box fitted on top of the fuel tank but scrapped that cos of the leaky fuel so slowly just replacing the forward controls

One for the lefthand side, metal...and smaller, wiring was just a case of matching the old colours to the new

Doesn't have a main beam flasher but it is a small price to pay for not accidently hitting the horn
Other side/speedo is still in progress...hopefully get a few days of not rain to get it finished.
Safe riding
Paul