"the Mooch"

Out of curiosity, is he wrong about the Bin Laden deal? We can find Saddam in a hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere, in no time. Meanwhile, Bin Laden's over here in his mansion, in an ally's country living his best life.

We've established precedent on the Ivanka deal. So long as you didn't "intend" to break the law, all is well.

I got a laugh out of that last night when it was all over the news. Everybody throwing a fit. Two years ago they were hardcore pushing a candidate for President who did the same, as Secretary of State.

New rules for the press.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/white-house-rules-press-corps_us_5bf3d1cfe4b01909c8090693

lol.

I saw a lawyers take on the Acosta incident and basically he said the law was on Acosta's side, since possession is 9/10's of the law, effectively it was Acosta that was assaulted. He went on to explain that battery charges against the aid would probably stick.

So much for that doctored video...

J-Rod10 said:
Out of curiosity, is he wrong about the Bin Laden deal? We can find Saddam in a hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere, in no time. Meanwhile, Bin Laden's over here in his mansion, in an ally's country living his best life.

We've established precedent on the Ivanka deal. So long as you didn't "intend" to break the law, all is well.

I got a laugh out of that last night when it was all over the news. Everybody throwing a fit. Two years ago they were hardcore pushing a candidate for President who did the same, as Secretary of State.

Who cares about Bin Laden? He's been dead for like 7 years. The fact the Trump wastes his breath on this only shows how easily distracted the man is.

There's no legal precedent as the the case was never tried in a court of law.

People are throwing a fit because the sitting POTUS wanted to lock up his opponent for it, he even promised to do so if elected, now his daughter (who only got the job because she daddy's favorite) is doing the same thing. You don't see a speck of hypocrisy?

J-Rod10 said:

This is actually kind of funny. Is Trump wrong? That bin Laden was holed up in a mansion that was nice, but that Trump had seen nicer? Wrong about that? Probably not. Wrong that everyone in Pakistan knew he was there? Probably wrong about that, but probably right that there were a lot of people who did know. Such is the nature of Pakistan-US relations. Wrong about McRaven being a "Hillary Cinton fan" and an "Obama backer?" Hard to say -- he served under Obama and Clinton was Secretary of State.

But is Trump wrong to criticize Adm. McRaven? What do you think? That the guy who led the raid on bin Laden's compound is actually somehow responsible for bin Laden evading capture for 10 years? McRaven was leading the team looking for bin Laden for three years before they found him. So you think it's fair to blame him for the entire 10-year manhunt as Trump does?

Perhaps a bigger question is: clearly US intelligence and the military aren't perfect, but without any information do you want to level these kinds of accusations and insults at a career Navy officer who by all accounts had a distinguished career? Who served under both Republican and Democratic presidents, but who didn't publicly endorse one side or the other?

By all means -- follow Trump into the shithole abyss of pettiness and ignorance. The poor man is over his head and has no idea what he is talking about. His acolytes, however, thinks what he says is reasonable.

Perhaps the most "blame" over bin Laden can be laid at George W. Bush's feet, and at the failures of his administration in 2001 and 2002. Iraq, for example, was a fiasco; a war prosecuted on false premises and faulty intelligence that has led to years of chaos, the strengthening of Islamist extremism in the region and elsewhere, and the deaths of hundreds of thousands. It's obviously complicated. But Trump is obviously way out of line.

As for the emails: precedent set? Great! So Trump will stop harping on Clinton's emails and encouraging his followers to "lock her up"? Right. This will surely happen.

J-Rod10 said:
You guys get so riled up. It's entertaining.

I'm not actually riled up. I took a couple minutes out of my day to respond to your questions. I am, however, surprised that people can ask questions such as yours. It belies a sort of "Trump said it, it must be reasonable" assumption which is hard for many to believe given his record of graft and the insanely long list of lies he has told since he's been in office, as well as his petulant temperament, clear narcissism, and near total lack of understanding how the world works.

Presumably you've given it a minute or two of thought. Granted, I'm guessing you're not an expert either, but do you still think condemning McRaven is reasonable?

I think a 10+ year search for a guy sitting under your nose is insane with the tech we have.

Forgive me, but you don't have much of an idea about what you're talking about. Why is there an FBI most wanted list? Or an Interpol list? Can't we just, you know, find these guys with today's technology? Explain to me what "tech" we have that would have found him and how? And tell me, whose nose was he sitting under?

This is actually kind of entertaining to me as well. There's a subtext here that I don't think you're picking up on.

I must say.....it is somewhat entertaining, but interesting hearing different opinions and concerns.

I tend to stay in the middle, because there is always two sides to every story and opinion.

I love reading them all.

The reality is that Trump is such a rube that this is the kind of stuff he talks about to sound smart.

He should be focused on things that matter, but he's not smart enough or experienced enough in the real world to actually pull that off.

carnivorous chicken said:
Forgive me, but you don't have much of an idea about what you're talking about. Why is there an FBI most wanted list? Or an Interpol list? Can't we just, you know, find these guys with today's technology? Explain to me what "tech" we have that would have found him and how? And tell me, whose nose was he sitting under?

This is actually kind of entertaining to me as well. There's a subtext here that I don't think you're picking up on.
The government became aware of the mansion in Abbottabad in 2007. Do you have any solid reasoning for it taking four years to figure out Bin Laden was in it?

Why are there most wanted lists? Because the FBI and Interpol don't have access to the tech, nor the money the DOD has.

They say the NSA can record every single phone call in the U.S., and store it for a month. I'd guess any number of folks on the FBI list makes a call occasionally. They could almost certainly find them with voice recognition that way. The FBI lacks that ability, though.

As for the subtext. I get it. You despise Trump. He could cure lung cancer, and you'd bitch because he didn't cure colon cancer.

My life, hasn't varied much throughout the various presidencies. Keep moving along, few more, or few less dollars here and there depending on who's in charge. Nothing that was lifestyle altering. I didn't much care for Obama, I didn't particularly despise him. Same for Bush 2. Clinton got a blowie in the Oval Office. I'd give him a fist bump for that. At present, life has changed. Consumer confidence has skyrocketed in the last two years. People are spending more money. Now, I've only been in the manufacturing sector for seven years. I don't have a terribly long term view. My pops, been in for 30, my grandfather, nearly 55. I take a bit of stock in hearing them say it has never been like it is at present. More jobs than workers.

Anecdotes are anecdotal.

There’s just about zero evidence that Trump is responsible for any of those those things.

J-Rod10 said:
He could cure lung cancer, and you'd bitch because he didn't cure colon cancer.

An absolutely likely scenario, no doubt.

Your timeline is off, and again I'm sorry but you simply do not know what you are talking about.

But go on, shit talk McRaven! You know better than him, plus Trump says he totally sucks!

I'm trying to think where else I've heard the "these policies don't affect me, so I shouldn't oppose them" argument. Hmmm...

Attachments

• cia.JPG
    cia.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 575
Trump supporters can't find the irony in Trump condemning the guy who got bin Laden the same day he gives a pass to a regime that killed a journalist writing for an American paper, despite American intelligence agencies finding otherwise.

Regardless -- happy Turkey Day to all.

Let's hope that more jobs than workers thing holds up.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gm-plans-14700-layoffs-and-plant-closures-in-north-america_us_5bfc17c5e4b0eb6d9311e852

Here's 14,000 without job.

A person briefed on the matter told The Associated Press that the plant being shuttered in Canada is just the beginning as GM prepares for the next economic downturn, shifting trade agreements under the Trump administration, and potential tariffs on imported automobiles.

Got to love those trade disagreements.

This has little to do with politics, and everything to do with cars not selling.

Truck and SUV sales are up. Car sales are down double digits, again.

Why buy a car when you can buy a crossover, with the same fuel mileage and more room.

Ford has already announced they are cutting all passenger cars outside of the Mustang. GM's following suit.

Toyota and Nissan have no problem building vehicles in the US. They're busy as can be. Know the one big difference between them, GM, and Ford?

I have an Escape and would take a Focus over it any day. The Escape is a mediocre passenger car and an even poorer excuse of a utility vehicle. I swear my Saab 9-5 has more cargo room and more passenger room, and it has more power and gets 30% better fuel economy.

I am probably in the minority, as you indicate. American's never were very smart with their vehicle choices, the pickup truck/SUV boom is case and point.

Sav0r said:
I have an Escape and would take a Focus over it any day. The Escape is a mediocre passenger car and an even poorer excuse of a utility vehicle. I swear my Saab 9-5 has more cargo room and more passenger room, and it has more power and gets 30% better fuel economy.

I am probably in the minority, as you indicate. American's never were very smart with their vehicle choices, the pickup truck/SUV boom is case and point.

I was anti-crossover for a while. Then I bought an Infiniti. Plenty of room, round about 20mpg, north of 300HP. It was fun to drive.

My mom just bought a Mazda CX5. Super nice. 35mpg highway, 26 city. Has plenty of room in it.

Truck fuel economy is on the way up as well. Toyota has made a killing on the Taco, GM is selling the Canyon/Colorado much more successfully this time around.

Ford has the EcoBoost getting around 20mpg, with well north of 300HP.

The truck game has changed a lot over the last ten years.

Back
Top Bottom