www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 1985 Honda Shadow - Fuel pump to gravity feed.. will it work?  (Read 266 times)

Offline GQ88

Hi Community,

I'm wondering about my 1985 Shadow cafe project and the fuel system. The original 85' Shadow 700 had a fuel pump, but I elected to change to gravity feed system. Am I setting myself up for issues here?

1) I am using a Benelli Mojave gas tank, which has 2 cockpits on both sides of the tank. So how do I go from a 1 to 1 fuel system the way it was before. To a 2 to 1 system which is gravity feed?  Will I need a "T" connector to sent the fuel to the carbs?

2) Anyone feel like i need to add a pump to this system? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
It's not that simple.  Not complicated but more tricky than you might imagine. 

Carbs set up to work with a fuel pump typically have very small needle and seat assemblies - often #1.5 because the fuel pressure is much higher than gravity feed. Needle and seat for a gravity feed is typically at least #2.5 and often #3.0 or even #3.5 to get enough fuel into the carbs with so little pressure.

Offline datadavid

Single carb for a 700 woukd probably need a 3.0 valve. Good part is the needle can be reused since it will be worn on another spot with the smaller valve.