www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Starting problem  (Read 554 times)

Offline orrible-64

Re: Starting problem
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:17:30 »
My first ace was bad at neutral. Second one finds it ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Beelzebub

« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2018, 17:39:27 »
Hi Guys,

Having a few issues with my own little beastie, she doesnt seem to want to tick over, have check spark and ground but she just doesnt want to go, battery is all good cause all lights a fine.

when using the electric start she just does the whole nying nying type noise (best shot at spelling a noise) with throttle.

And kicking isnt easy but sometimes sound like she wants to go when i do, i wondering if its just the cold but i just spent half an hour kicking and trying the electric start and she still not starting, if anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

i am in the barmy warmth of London (fucking freezing) and unfortunately i dont own a garage so my best bet is cold as it only started happening about 2 days before christmas but as its my commuting transport would like to get the girl up and running again.

Cheers lads.

Beelzebub. 

Offline eraser

« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2018, 21:19:44 »
Choke? and good fuel?

You could also try the old push start..

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2018, 21:21:21 »
or a small shot of starter fluid …

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline r4g5

« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2018, 02:39:21 »
Hey there, when new my bike was pretty feeble at starting and always took a few turns with the stock plug. When I changed to iridium it would jump into life better. Are you running an iridium plug? Stock? It might help to upgrade to a stronger spark

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using DO THE TON mobile app

Offline Beelzebub

« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2018, 05:58:53 »
it not that new as i had it for a year and have put a good amount of mileage on her, i do have the iridium plug, need to try the old jump start today as couldn't give it a good shot yesterday as it was all ready 10 at night. and ill have to look into getting some starter fluid.