www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Forsa 'cheap' rear shocks?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
Re: Forsa 'cheap' rear shocks?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2018, 18:48:25 »
You got the wrong spring rate, a pretty common mistake. There are a few different options in spring rate these days.

I've had some pretty bad luck with EMGO myself, some of the worst coils I've ever had. I guess nothing is a given anymore.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline ChopperCharles

• Modified Motorcycles by Chopper Charles
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2018, 19:38:34 »
There wasn't much available back then. They were marketed for the CB750, and I put them on a CX500. 36lbs of difference between those two bikes. Plus my fat arse. They should have been at least usable. But I digress, they were junk back then. I'd be willing to give them another try. However, the FORSA feel great and they look spectacular on the bike with the black housing and red springs. The handling is so much better than stock now, I have no cause to find a different shock at the moment.

That said... out of curiosity, do you know the travel of the RFY shocks by any chance?

Charles.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2018, 19:59:34 »
They dont market well, at least in that they have no idea what a CB750 needs. Travel depends on the length shock, but a 320mm unit has 2.75. With a little adjustment it can be quite a bit more.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:03:16 »
Not a sales plug - however ..........................  ;)

ALL RAMSHOX are selected and assembled AFTER the order is placed and we know - the weight of the bike, ditto rider and riding style - ie leisurely, fast or looney tunes.

Only after that info is received are the shox built [ in the UK and fully UK manufactured ] with the valving AND spring rate selected to suit. Nearly all "normal" length Twinshox [ and Mono ] have FOUR INCHES OF TRAVEL.

Spring platform is adjustable to set spring height and preload and dampening has simple [ no tools ] instant adjustment.

LOW volume, bespoke shox developed by ENTHUSIASTS.
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11:15:07 »
I'll also say that I have spoken with Beachbomber several times about carrying his units as a part of my suspension sales and in the small amount of contact I've had with his products they are top rate. Unfortunately life keeps getting in the way on end I never quite seal the deal.
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2018, 14:20:46 »
I'll also say that I have spoken with Beachbomber several times about carrying his units as a part of my suspension sales and in the small amount of contact I've had with his products they are top rate. Unfortunately life keeps getting in the way on end I never quite seal the deal.

One day ????? Over 500 of these units [ bike ] sold to date with virtually no advertising - word just gets around. And it helps when racers like Ben Kingham win championships year after year [ 3 outright B.E.A.R.S. champion ] using RAM products. several peeps of this parish are using them. Other makes of shox available .......................

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2018, 15:03:06 »
I meant to say on my end.

Im not sure what you are asking, but one day soon Id like to make it happen.
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2018, 17:53:44 »
I meant to say on my end.

Im not sure what you are asking, but one day soon Id like to make it happen.

We're here when you're ready !

Offline ChopperCharles

• Modified Motorcycles by Chopper Charles
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2018, 12:20:40 »

Those  Ramshox do sound interesting. But to use a shock with 4" of travel I'd have to build a belt tensioner. Belt drive and suspension travel are not friends. I'm happy with what I have for now. Maybe before my big alaska trip next year I'll upgrade to a longer suspension shock (and build the tensioner to support that). In the meantime I'm just going to ride my arse off!

Charles.