Salzburg '73 CB350 - Summer Riding Update

Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: polishing more parts

Moto madness sells 520 kits for the 350, comes with new sprockets too.

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: polishing more parts

broncoboy79 said:
Moto madness sells 520 kits for the 350, comes with new sprockets too.

Yeah I already have the sprockets (see my previous posts) but I'm just looking for chain. 94 link length still work?

http://www.amazon.com/RK-Racing-Chain-GB520MXZ4-94-Connecting/dp/B007A8M526/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1360691529&sr=1-2&keywords=520+94+link+chain

http://www.amazon.com/Pitch-Standard-O-ring-TRX400-Sportrax/dp/B009PHXS26/ref=sr_1_10?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1360691529&sr=1-10&keywords=520+94+link+chain

One better than the other?

Been super busy with life and working overtime at the job. Got a bunch more stuff polished last week. Also I put the final layer of VHT clear coat on the engine and wheel hubs. I hope to bake those this weekend so I can start to assemble the engine.

Now thats wot i call polished mate 8) superb! keep it up she gonna be a show piece

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: engine bottom end

Engine bottom end by Matthias Salzburg, on Flickr

Took about two hours to get the bottom end put back together. I still have to wait a couple more days for the clear coat paint to cure on the cylinder & head before I can bake them. Then I hope to get it all together and back in the frame.

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: engine bottom end assembled

Any chance someone knows the nipple hole diameter of MikesXS 18" 36 spoke shouldered rims? I called up buchananspokes.net and told them I needed spokes for my bike and rims and they needed more info. I thought they had some of that info in their computers?

I emailed Mikes and have yet to get a reply. I just bought the rims and don't have them yet to measure.

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: spoke help / engine assembled

Drilled for 1/4" spoke nipples, there is a discussion on Hondatwins.net

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: spoke help / engine assembled

Did some final polishing this weekend. Got my clutch cover, cam buckets & top breather cover all looking really nice. I painted my cylinder a second time. I must have used some junk paint because it was chipping off just handling it. I blasted it all off and started over. Used Alodine for paint prep and painted it with gloss black ceramic. Will wait a week and bake at 200F for an hour. Then I can finally put the top back together.

Finished with polishing. by Matthias Salzburg, on Flickr

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: polishing & engine assembled

Gees Matt they look damn beautiful ! 8) 8) your project gonna be amazing got me hooked mate :p keep up ya standard and she gonna be BOTM ;)

Very nice build, I like the polished cam tensioner, nice touch.

Got my new shouldered rims today. Mikes XS 1.85 & 2.15, 36 hole, 18".

5 lb 6 oz was the stock steel rim weight. The new rims weigh 3 lb 13 oz. A little over 3 lbs savings in total.

Well I thought I'd save weight going with 520 chain. My amazon.com 520 chain showed up and I compared it with the stock 530 chain and it's 2 oz heavier! WTF? I bought plain chain. Is x-ring chain any lighter?

Mini update: got my 450 forks rebuilt last night. I'm expecting my order of stainless exhaust pipe any time now. Hope to start welding soon.

Sounds good mate like the idea of welding ya own exhausts :p just got a welding rig myself so maybe get to do my own in the future :eek: post pics of ya progress ,following ya thread mate its all cool 8)

Re: Salzburg '73 CB350 - Update: engine rebuilt & mounted in frame

Great polishing and paint work on that motor! I am sure you will be very happy to hear it fire up.

Back
Top Bottom