MGD's 1975 CB360T

Re: 1975 CB360T Milwaukee

561design said:
Nice to see another build in Milwaukee!

Oh, right on! I thought to myself, I can't be the only one on here from Harley Headquarters(I have actually worked in Harley's Corp headquarters).

Sadly, I won't be able to make it to Rocker Box this year.

I got the Jardine Exhaust all tightened up. Seems I need to spend some time adjusting the right side carb.

I switched over to the factory rear sprocket so that I could actually ride it. My license plate bracket came in, and I found time to get a snap ring tool.

So she's on the road for right now. I'll still be playing with it I'm sure.

What do you think about dropping the headlight a little and pulling it in toward the frame? Might clean up the front a little and make things look sleeker. Just an idea...

SeaBee said:
What do you think about dropping the headlight a little and pulling it in toward the frame? Might clean up the front a little and make things look sleeker. Just an idea...

I have already dropped the headlight from stock height, just a little. Any closer to the frame, and I may not have room to hide the horn. I do want all the electrics to work on this one.

Damn shame that you can't make it to Rockerbox. I'd like to see that bike in person. There's always next year, though! I'm gonna be putting in a mad thrash to get my bike road-worthy, but I'm not missing it.

sweet another milwaukee man in the house building my own cb360 right now out in brookfield if u ever need help shoot me a message im a vw guy but learning alot about these little bikes so much fun bikes lookin good!

Build is looking good so far.
I'm just west of you guys in Waukesha and have a cb360 build myself going on. Check out my link below in signature. Probably will have it at rockerbox this year.

BlueCB360 said:
I have already dropped the headlight from stock height, just a little. Any closer to the frame, and I may not have room to hide the horn. I do want all the electrics to work on this one.
What about shortening (if necessary) and 'bending' the rear hoop a little upwards, to give it the same contour as the rear of your seat?
Just thinking..... 8), ofcourse if you want to remount the original rear fender, that's a no go.

rubber-side-down said:
sweet another milwaukee man in the house building my own cb360 right now out in brookfield if u ever need help shoot me a message im a vw guy but learning alot about these little bikes so much fun bikes lookin good!

Thanks! I'm a bit of a 1.8T nut myself. I have had three different VW's and an A4 over the years. My wife still has her Beetle GLS Turbo.

I'm in Hales Corners, so we aren't that far apart.

honda007 said:
What about shortening (if necessary) and 'bending' the rear hoop a little upwards, to give it the same contour as the rear of your seat?
Just thinking..... 8), ofcourse if you want to remount the original rear fender, that's a no go.

This build is far from over. I got it to the point of being able to ride it, and feel what's comfortable, and what is not.

The seat is up for debate, which I will probably get rid of in favor for a single seat. I'm just not sure yet how long to make the seat. I'm a tall guy, so I wanted all the factory seat available so I could figure out where to set up the new seat back.

BlueCB360 said:
This build is far from over. I got it to the point of being able to ride it, and feel what's comfortable, and what is not.

The seat is up for debate, which I will probably get rid of in favor for a single seat. I'm just not sure yet how long to make the seat. I'm a tall guy, so I wanted all the factory seat available so I could figure out where to set up the new seat back.

I've got the exact same problem (tall), so I'm going with a cafe racer style foam and cover on my original seat pan, just to give me the extra space....
And a suzuki gsx back-step for some more leg-comfort....
Do you plan on keeping the original rear fender?

Following your build 8) !

Attachments

• seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,000

dont order that seat theres a guy off 124th in brookfield thatll do an amazing job with way better products for most likely less then ur going to pay for that seat

805 south 124th brookfield wi 53045
262 391 5565

ill be takin my seat to him after i take care of my tires im alsoo 6 foot and def. need those few extra inchs

rubber-side-down said:
dont order that seat theres a guy off 124th in brookfield thatll do an amazing job with way better products for most likely less then ur going to pay for that seat

805 south 124th brookfield wi 53045
262 391 5565

ill be takin my seat to him after i take care of my tires im alsoo 6 foot and def. need those few extra inchs

Wooo, I've been looking for a seat guy. Do you have any photos of his work?

no i dont as i havent had my seat done yet but hes done work for my family before and its all perfect. we had him cover about 200 office chairs

btw with all these miltown guys postin in here i need some help with my carbs if any of u know ur way around them as i am new to these carbs id happy pay for ur knowlegde! sorry for the thread jack on that ;D

So I have had some great riding weather lately. I had to pull apart my front brake arm to clean it out, and re lube it. I didn't think pictures were necessary, seems we all know this routine.

Today I had to visit the local brewery(take a guess, I live in Milwaukee) for work, so I stopped by the canning machine to swipe some bike parts.

Back
Top Bottom