JANUARY 2010 BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the scoop:

1. Nominate one of our member's bike for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question.
2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)
3. Member has to accept the nomination

We will accept nominations for the first 2 weeks of the month. A poll will be set up and voting will take place for the remainder of the month. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins :)

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

There are PLENTY of deserving bikes, and I'm confident each month we will see lots of nominations.

Let the games begin! Post your nominations / seconds / acceptances here. Please don't clutter this thread up with your supporting posts :)

Re: JANUARY 2010 DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS!

I would like to nominate the Oregon CB750:

Jacobsbike3.jpg

bike-on-hill-3.jpg

boomshakalaka said:
Id like to second oregon.

I'd like to own Oregon. Awesome!

it's a no brainer:

5.jpg

motofiaccone5.jpg

motofiaccone92.jpg

I would like to nominate CC Riders “ Espresso Love”. I am not even really sure why I like this bike so much, but I really love it. I think it has a great vintage look that I find very appealing. CC spent a ton of time working every miniscule detail to create an outstanding bike. “Espresso Love” to me represents everything that DTT is about, the love of a machine by its builder. Spending countless hours wrenching in the garage and going to your day job with grease under your nails, listening to your significant other going “I wish you spent that much time with me” or “you stink, take a shower”, and then riding the machine you built the way you wanted it!

I have included links to CC’s threads in order for you who are not familiar with his work to get more acquainted with it. If you have seen his work, take a chance to look through his tank thread again, just to realize the amount work and time that went into it and see how many users his post helped!

Build Thread: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=9125.0
Tank Thread: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6339.0
Show and Shine: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=10529.0

EspressoLove-2.jpg

EspressoLove.jpg

EspressoLove-1.jpg

There are many great builds on this site and I have lots of respect for all of them, and I am sure all of the deserving ones will get thier chance. I have a hard time deciding which bike I like the best, because I like different things about all of them. Good luck to all of you and your creations.

I second " Espresso Love " 8)

I gotta second fiaccone orange... again

Man... So many killer bikes... I gotta go with the 750 though. Its just beautiful. Chris F's is a VERY close second, but ive always been drawn to the race style...

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5964.msg49103#msg49103

HerrDeacon get my nomination... I almost cried when he didn't get the repp'ed last month. :'(

HerrDeacon said:

Gage Werke Composites said:
I would like to nominate the Oregon CB750:

Jacobsbike3.jpg

bike-on-hill-3.jpg

Did you nominate a bike you built? :)

Cheers for the nomination Kit. It's your paint that makes it what it is.

--Chris

i love the look of the 750, so i will second the second nomination, or some thing like that.

motofiaccone said:
Did you nominate a bike you built? :)

Cheers for the nomination Kit. It's your paint that makes it what it is.

--Chris

No, actually my brother built this bike. I wish I could say that I helped him, unfortunately we live about two and a half hours from each other so we dont get to buld much together. I'd be proud to have built such a damn fine bike. Only bike I've built so far is the 450. More to come soon though once I get my shop done.

Hey tWisted and m357.5,

Thanks for the nomination, the second and the glowing review! ;D

Sure, I'd be honored to play again.

CC

CresentSon said:
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5964.msg49103#msg49103

HerrDeacon get my nomination... I almost cried when he didn't get the repp'ed last month. :'(

Please don't cry CresentSon ;D Thanks for the nod, appreciate it.

Gage Werke Composites said:
No, actually my brother built this bike. I wish I could say that I helped him, unfortunately we live about two and a half hours from each other so we dont get to buld much together. I'd be proud to have built such a damn fine bike. Only bike I've built so far is the 450. More to come soon though once I get my shop done.

OK, that makes sense. My apologies for the confusion. I don't see either one of you on the forum much, so I'm sure you understand how I got a bit confused.

--Chris

motofiaccone said:
OK, that makes sense. My apologies for the confusion. I don't see either one of you on the forum much, so I'm sure you understand how I got a bit confused.

--Chris
No worries Chris. Love your bikes. You still building exhaust systems? I'm building a CB100 racer and would love to have one of you pipes on it.

Nice bikes, all of them. Particularly like the CB750 with its 'factory racer style' tank/seat setup. I'm seriously thinking of making a nice smaller capacity bike with dimensions like that.

Anyway, I nominate Lachbeth1125's KH100:
IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

This has been a garage build of a small two stroke, from scratch, and its come out really well IMO. Very minimalistic style, but still some cool details in there like the frame paint and the braided tank stripes. Anyone care to second this?

Cheers - boingk

I second Lachbeth1125's KH100, really clean and simple with nice details as pointed out by Boingk

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

To be nominated in company like that with my little kwak, I am just blown away. :-[

Thanks Boink, and JohnnyC

Cheers Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom