Today I learned...

rufio said:
Seriously Rich......about to move to Texas where shit is right.

You need to move to Montana. I just permanently registered a new sportbike for $94. Well, not truly permanent; it expires in April of 9999, good for another 7,986 years. ;D

mydlyfkryzis said:
Think how excited you'll be if she decided to let you make the return trip! (Did she mention a 3350 mile trip east at all?) ;D
Haha! She can leave me in New York if she likes! ;D

A little more about how to dial in the Megacycle X5 cam on my cb350. Also learned that vintage bikes are becoming harder and harder to find and gotta strike when opportunity knocks.

Not learned today, instead an old lesson worth passing on...
That she really doesn't mean it when she says "Do what ever the fuck you want!". ::)

Hoosier Daddy said:
Not learned today, instead an old lesson worth passing on...
That she really doesn't mean it when she says "Do what ever the fuck you want!". ::)

She only said that to me once.

I bought the bike.

Still have it.

;)

Here's a little more good info boys:

You're welcome. ;)

Today I learned the motorcycle does not run well when the fuel line has popped off and fuel goes to the ground rather then the carburetor. I am buying better clamps...

Redbird said:
I use safety wire on my fuel lines for just that reason.
Sounds like an excellent idea. Any pics, as I am wondering how to wire around the filters especially. I need to replace the filters with ones with barbs. These have no barbs and tend to slide off.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

Ringo said:
You need to move to Montana. I just permanently registered a new sportbike for $94. Well, not truly permanent; it expires in April of 9999, good for another 7,986 years. ;D

TIL, that Texans are very unhappy at the end of the day, because they have to go to bed every night knowing that when they get up tomorrow morning, Alaska will still be bigger... ;D

Redbird said:
I use safety wire on my fuel lines for just that reason.

Normally I just hand twist safety wire nuts and bolts whenever I need to. But today I learned that even a cheap ass Harbor Freight safety wire pliers works good when faced with safety wiring 30+ nuts.

img2875wjl.jpg

Today I learned Not to get too excited when that box "containing my motor" arrives sent from a fellow DTT member

Attachments

• photo(26).JPG
    photo(26).JPG
    112 KB · Views: 225
  • photo(25).JPG
    photo(25).JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 238
DesmoBro said:
Today I learned Not to get too excited when that box "containing my motor" arrives sent from a fellow DTT member

HA!
Who did that and was it on purpose!?

Oh man I hope this kid actually sends the motor SullivanCB200 is his DTT name....We worked out a trade I sent him a muffler and one of my license plate lunch boxes he was going to send back the CB motor....well the lunch box arrived a bit crushed so i had it covered by the $2.00 insurance and he got a check for $50..... so now months later.... still foot tapping about the motor not trying to make a scene i'm mean i'm out like $20 max if i get no motor.... but out of the blue he says he sent the motor so great he sent it (i thought) then this shows up needless to say " it broke in shipping" so where's my insurance check??? he sent this bunny veggie watering can thing in a huge box cost $30 to ship....He could just get this check mailed to him as well....any how maybe tomorrow the motor will come and if it doesn't I guess I'll have learned one more thing by then

Attachments

• photo(27).JPG
    photo(27).JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 222
Back
Top Bottom