Can I see your DIY Auxiliary gas tank for tuning carbs?

No pictures but...

2 1/2 gallon gas can sitting on a table
Rubber fuel line
Small flat-jawed vice grip to clamp it off

Pretty much as lame as it gets, but I've run multiple engines on stands, tables, etc. with this setup.

Oh, and a large fire extinguisher sitting next to the engine, naturally.

I remember my uncle had a stand welded up from tubing that you put the stock gas tank on. It was elevated and you just hooked up longer fuel lines. Provides a place to put the tank and delivers fuel to the carbs while being out of the way.

Otherwise, just order yourself up a Motion Pro IV bottle and be done with it.

krafty said:
Oh, and a large fire extinguisher sitting next to the engine, naturally.

Yeah, so this doesn't happen. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RBRCaVjYrM

I scrounged one of those sorority girl stainless steel water bottles, added a barbed fitting, a filter, and a shut off valve from a lawn mower. The grey stuff is JB Weld gas tank repair epoxy. I even made sure to drill a hole in the lid so it wouldn't air lock on me and I had a place to put the dripping hose end.

DH6dU6ul.jpg

I have been using an old lawnmower gas tank, but that ^ is a much prettier solution.

Thanks! I thought it turned out pretty well myself.

The next day it did occur to me that I could have gone to the city dump recycle center and grabbed a mower tank for free. Ah well, it only cost me a couple bucks for the epoxy, filter, and shut off valve.

I'll play

It's just PVC with a nipple screwed into the bottom. I use a mic stand to hold it. Excuse the messy garage.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397778897.052994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397778897.052994.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 353
JSJamboree said:
I'll play

It's just PVC with a nipple screwed into the bottom. I use a mic stand to hold it. Excuse the messy garage.

I feel like I should find an old IV bottle stand and use it - "the patient needs 93 octane STAT!" ;D

I use a catch can. Works well enough. I'd get pictures but it's currently in use at another DTT users house :)

Sorry I don't have pictures, but what I have done is take the fuel tank from the bike and set it on
a table or bench next to the bike & put longer fuel lines on it. That's pretty close to free & is not
a safety hazard.

SONIC. said:
Pussies
;D

Hah, my old setup was a funnel jammed into the fuel line. You could tune the bike and huff gas at the same time! ;D

Back
Top Bottom